The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is a national non-profit that exists because there are people with MS. Our vision is a world free of MS. Everything we do is focused so that people affected by MS can live their best lives as we stop MS in its tracks, restore what has been lost and end MS forever.
We are more than an organization. We are a movement. United in our collective power to do something about MS now and end this disease forever. At the National MS Society you have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of those living with MS and their families.
As a member of the Society team, you'll work in an environment that values collaboration, innovation, diverse perspectives, and most of all a relentless resolve so people with MS can live their best lives.
The National MS Society is seeking a high-energy, goal-driven, experienced fundraiser to join our Development team as a Manager, Bike MS.
As the Development Manager, Bike MS you will oversee Bike MS fundraising events in the Austin market and ensure the successful implementation of these events to reach fundraising goals. In this role you will cultivate strong relationships with participants/teams, volunteer committees, and corporate and community supporters and will be responsible for relationship building and revenue growth through active management of a teams and top fundraiser portfolios.
You will be an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and donors with the mission. This position collaborates across departments to foster participant engagement, exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society and drive fundraising and participation. For success in this role you must bring strong relationship building skills, a positive, can-do attitude and a commitment to working as a team.
This position supports the fundraising, recruitment, and cultivation strategies for other local events and will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory.
Implement campaign strategies to retain, grow and recruit participants for assigned events and achieve fundraising success
- Collaborating with Development leadership this position executes operational plans that focus on acquisition, retention and cultivation of top fundraisers, teams, participants, sponsors, etc.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with teams, top fundraisers, participants, sponsors, & volunteers
- Increases participant and corporate partner engagement resulting in growth in registrations and fundraising revenue.
- Coaches, develops and supervises a market staff responsible for executing the operational plan (when applicable)
- Ensure direct reports develop themselves professionally by providing opportunities for growth based on individual and organizational goals
- Collaborating with team members, ensure all participants have a positive event experience
- Regularly monitor the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, to recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones and to maximize retention.
- Leverage mission related resource to engage participants during the year
- Steward top fundraisers and team captains year-round with mission focus and gratitude.
- Other duties as assigned
Facilitates Volunteer Engagement for fundraising and event experience in the assigned event revenue portfolio
- Cultivates volunteers, seeks and provides feedback and shares opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.
- Collaborates with key staff to maximize engagement and results of committees to increase outreach, acquisition and awareness
- Encourage volunteer involvement on the part of teams and participant's connections to enhance the efforts and expand team/participant engagement with the Society.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Non-profit management, PR, Communications, Marketing and/or Business background preferred but not required depending on experience.
- 8+ years in event management and building relationships will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least 4 years of related experience in events, fundraising, sales, or volunteer engagement
- Previous non-profit experience preferred
- Ability to analyze metrics and adjust market plans based on the data and results.
- Relationship builder able to manage and priortize multiple tasks
- Goal driven and a drive for results
- Collaborative team player with great communication skills
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Competency to work with multiple data systems and tools
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
- Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed to support events
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by applying directly to the job posting located on our company website:
National MS Society