ABOUT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE AT STANFORD
“Ronald McDonald House at Stanford (“the House”) creates a home-away-from-home and supportive community for families of children with life-threatening illnesses receiving specialized treatment at local hospitals.”
Founded in 1979, the Palo Alto House was the fifth facility in the newly formed national Ronald McDonald House system. Outpatients and families of patients at the then ‘Children’s Hospital at Stanford’ were filling the house capacity of 13 rooms in only four years. Their first expansion to 24 beds concluded in 1992, and in 2003 they completed building a spacious 47 bed state-of-the-art facility that remained full each night for the next 13 years.
In May of 2016 Ronald McDonald House at Stanford completed its most ambitious expansion to date, with the ribbon cutting of a new House to provide overnight accommodations for 67 families traveling outside their communities to access medical treatment for critically ill children at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Next year, at the conclusion of current House renovations the facility will become the largest Ronald McDonald House in the world, providing rooms to 123 families and a continuum of care designed to support the emerging trend of Family Centered Care in the treatment of pediatric patients.
It is at this inflection point that The Ronald McDonald House at Stanford is expanding its development department by two positions. This newly expanded department will be responsible for moving donor services and partnerships into the next era for the House.
ROLE DESCRIPTION DEVELOPMENT MANAGER ANNUAL GIVING
The Development ManagerAnnual Giving is a new position designed to manage and grow RMHS’s annual giving program. Under the direction of the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships, the Development ManagerAnnual Giving will support the development of a multichannel, relationship-oriented annual giving program focused on securing, retaining and upgrading donors making annual gifts and pledges of up to $5,000 and above. The Development Manager for Annual Giving will advise and help execute against RMHS’s current goal to increase annual support (from all sources) by 45% by 2018.
This is a full time, nonexempt position, reporting to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships.
● With the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships, create and execute on an annual giving operating plan including annual and quarterly goals with detailed cultivation and solicitation calendar and strategies
● Create and execute highly segmented campaigns and appeals across multiple platforms (eg, direct mail, facetoface, lead letters and phone calls, social media)
● Create templates for standard annual giving materials such as gift acknowledgements, website and brochure content; write copy for all annual appeals (eg, lead letters) and special annual donor communications and materials as needed
● With the supervision of the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships and in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, create and implement an annual donor recognition and stewardship program designed to fill individual giving pipeline and increase leadership gifts
● Use data effectively to inform donor segmentation, messaging, and goals; and advise database manager on information and reports required to do so
● Coordinate with event manager to maximize RMHS event strategy for annual giving purposes
● Supervise and provide direction for 2 full time staff development coordinators responsible for database management and prospect research
● Minimum of 3 years’ direct fundraising experience in a highperformance annual or major gifts setting
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing fulltime staff as direct reports
● Demonstrated awareness of general best practices in development
● Exceptional writing and development communications skills
● Strategic thinker, able to design for short and long term outcomes
● Pragmatic approach, able to advance goals in dynamic circumstances
● Humane approach to others, and exceptional situational awareness
● CFRE a plus
COMPENSATION AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
The compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and expertise. We offer competitive health benefits, a 403(b) retirement plan, and a generous paid timeoff policy.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample that demonstrates how your skills meet the qualifications of the position to [email protected] In the subject line of your email, please include your name, the job title for this position, and the company name (“Your name –Development Manager – RMHS”). Please submit all documents in Microsoft Word files.
Please do not contact the client directly. Schaffer&Combs is retained by Ronald McDonald House at Stanford to manage the Development ManagerAnnual Giving search.
Schaffer&Combs solves problems and provides growth solutions for missiondriven organizations.
Ronald McDonald House at Stanford is an equal opportunity employer.