Seven Tepees Youth Program is a nonprofit, community based organization that provides youth development and college access services to San Francisco students. Founded in 1995 as a summer camp, the organization now serves over a thousand students annually through their two distinct but complementary programs: The Learning Center and The College and Career Program. Fueled by their mission, Seven Tepees is working to support urban youth in fostering the skills they need to make lifelong positive choices and create their own opportunities for success.
The organization has been a staple in San Francisco’s Mission neighborhood for over a decade and has a number of exciting community partners including Mission High School and Mission Promise Neighborhood. Working with students from 6th grade to young adulthood, Seven Teepees demonstrates a long term, holistic approach and commitment to the community and individuals they serve. All youth participate in the organization’s programming for free. Currently, Seven Tepees has an annual operating budget of approximately $1.2M.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR POSITION
Seven Tepees is seeking a Development Director to be a contributing member of the organization’s leadership team, helping to shape the future of Seven Tepees. In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will lead Seven Tepees’ fundraising and marketing efforts, and will help forge new and strengthen existing donor and community relationships. The Development Director will play a key role in creating development plans to ensure the long term financial sustainability of the organization.
The ideal candidate is passionate about direct service youth development with an affinity to the youth that Seven Tepees serves. Working on-site at the Center, the Development Director will have the opportunity to frequently interact with students and even take part in program excursions to expand students’ experiences outside of the city (e.g. overnight camping, hiking, and other environmental education activities).
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident self-starter, with a willingness to learn, to expand the development capacity of the organization over time. The Development Director will also be an enthusiastic community ambassador with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a diverse set of stakeholders. The Development Director reports to the Seven Tepees Executive Director.
Development Leadership: Lead and oversee all aspects of Seven Tepees’ comprehensive annual development strategy that actively engages foundations, corporations, individual donors, and other key stakeholders. Supervise contractors, interns, and volunteers working on development and communications; coordinate with programs and administrative staff, as needed. Provide leadership, clear objectives, and foster a strong sense of teamwork and community. Key activities include:
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship: Steward relationships with existing donors at all levels and lead the organization’s efforts to identify and cultivate new prospects and re-engage lapsed donors. Conduct ongoing research regarding funding sources and sector trends.
- Budgets and Reports: Create, monitor, and report on the development budget and fundraising goals.
- Events and Appeals: Lead two major fundraising events – the Annual Dinner and Bowl- a-Thon – from concept to execution. Lead End of Year Appeal efforts, including concept, donor stewardship and cultivation, leadership gifts and #GivingTuesday activities. Launch planned giving program in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Institutional Giving: Research, identify, and write grant proposals, letters of inquiry and reports to secure government, private and public foundations, corporate foundations and family funds. Establish and maintain responsibility for all institutional donor relationships and reporting.
- Volunteers: In collaboration with Program Directors and Volunteer Assistant Coordinator, strategically engage volunteers, donors, corporate funders, and community partners.
Marketing, Outreach, and Community Relations:
- Create print and electronic fundraising collateral and marketing materials, including: Annual Report, newsletter, direct mail appeals, and brochures.
- Manage social media presence and website content, create an engaging online presence.
- Oversee community outreach and public relations efforts including press relationships, government relations, community events, etc.
- Attend and support Seven Tepees community-wide events, including: Gratitude Day, Winter Celebration, Graduation, End of Summer Celebration, and Summer Day of Service.
Database and Reporting:
- Oversee report preparation, gift processing, and Salesforce database management.
- Provide timely analysis and data driven reports to Executive Director, the Board, and the Development Committee.
- Prepare monthly development reports and attend monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee Board meetings.
- Work closely with Seven Tepees’ Development Chair and Development Committee to encourage and support a culture of stewardship amongst the organization’s Trustees.
- A minimum of three years of development experience, including a wide breadth of responsibilities
- Proven track record of successfully supporting fundraising campaigns (annual or multi- year) with high net goals
- Demonstrated experience leading donor cultivation and stewardship
- Experience with database and CRM systems
- Knowledge of communications and marketing best practices, including social media campaign development and website management
- Excellent communication, attention to detail, organization, writing, and team-building skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse population of youth, families, staff, and volunteers
- Commitment to Seven Tepees’ mission, values, and the youth and families served
- Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Salesforce, MailChimp, and Classy
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seven Tepees Youth Program values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Seven Tepees Youth Program is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
All candidates are required to clear criminal background check before job offer is confirmed.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experiences meet the qualifications of the position. Please do not contact Seven Tepees directly; Schaffer&Combs has been retained by Seven Tepees to manage this search. Schaffer&Combs, a certified B Corporation, solves problems and provides growth solutions for purpose-driven organizations. http://schaffercombs.applytojob.com/apply/IX7qgXEuJP/Seven-Tepees-Development-Director?source=Emerging+Practitioners