Greenlight Clinic (GLC) is a free mental health clinic offering individual and group therapy to individuals 14-26 years old. We are seeking an experienced Development Director to create and implement a strategic fundraising plan for the organization and expand/manage our portfolio of supporters and prospects. The Development Director is the face of the organization in the donor community and works closely with the Board of Directors and patrons. This is a new position for the organization and offers an exciting opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact on the overall success of GLC.
- Design, implement and oversee the fundraising strategies of the organization including the annual campaign and online donation efforts
- Support the development and maintenance of relationships with funders
- Identify and research prospective funders and develop new funding relationships
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and other institutional sources
- Establish a tracking system for acknowledgement, recognition, communications, and continued cultivation of past and current major donors
- Serve as the point of contact with prospective donors
- Coordinate the entirety of the grant/proposal writing process from initiation to acquisition
- Attend conferences and meetings; represent GLC to potential donors and community partners through presentations and speaking engagements
- Track philanthropic sector news and trends impacting mental health and youth
- Seven (7) years of experience as a development professional in the social sector, with proven track record as a fundraiser and grant writer
- Brings a deep funding network of corporate, foundation and individual contributors in the SF Bay Area
- Interest in mental health care issues and enthusiasm for telling the GLC story
- Self-starter with strong self-discipline and a high comfort level working remotely and independently
Greenlight Clinic is located in The Presidio of San Francisco. The position is remote until otherwise noted; all clinical meetings and activities are currently virtual.
This is initially a 30 hour/week position with the flexibility of expanding into full time in early 2021. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Start Date: Fall 2020
September 1, 2020
Please submit application here: [email protected]