Global Greengrants Fund is a Boulder, Colorado-based public charity that mobilizes resources to communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work toward an equitable world. We believe solutions to environmental harm and social injustice come from the people whose lives are most impacted. Every day, our global community of people on the front lines and donors comes together to support people to protect their ways of life and our planet. Because when local people have a say in the health of their food, water, and resources, they are forces for change. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, we have made more than 11,000 grants in 168 countries, mobilizing more than $71 million to support the work of local groups.
The Development Writer is responsible for translating the vision and work of Global Greengrants into stellar grant proposals that turn passive recipients into active participants. S/he is organized, driven, and resourceful, and is a key asset in achieving our goal of securing $12 million annually. The primary responsibilities of this position include: writing grant proposals to obtain funding support from individuals, foundations, and corporate partners; applying research skills to expand and diversify our pool of supporters; and creating materials for current and prospective donors, including letters of intent, concept notes, and reports. S/he is a member of the Development and Communications team, and reports to the Program and Development Officer for Gender and Environment.
- Work closely with the Program and Development teams to create written deliverables for current and prospective individual, foundation, and corporate donors. Written materials may include letters of intent, concept notes, proposals, fundraising appeals, and reports.
- Project manage the entire process for written deliverables, including developing timelines, facilitating cross-team discussions; liaising with grants management, finance, and programs to ensure writing deliverables satisfy donor needs; share written materials internally for further leveraging.
- Oversee a robust calendar of proposal and report deadlines, ensuring that donor needs are met effectively, efficiently, and on time.
- Carry out extensive research on prospective donors, in close coordination with Deputy Director of Development and Major Gifts Officer.
- Revitalize general support proposal and report templates on an annual basis.
- Ability to successfully manage a large volume of work, meet multiple deadlines, and responds with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
- Write proposals with minimal supervision that result in support for the organization.
- Proactively meet deadlines and donor needs.
- Maintain a positive and constructive attitude while solving problems.
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years of grant writing or related experience, plus a demonstrated knowledge of grant writing best practices
- Superior writing skills that turn people from passive recipients to active participants
- Outstanding research and project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, as part of a team, and across teams
- Ability to distill information from a variety of sources into a polished, compelling produce
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Proficiency in AP and/or Chicago styles, Microsoft Office, and Raiser’s Edge or other customer management systems
- A deep commitment to and ability to uphold Global Greengrants’ mission, vision, and values
- Fluency in a language in addition to English, desired
This is a full time (40hrs/week), non-exempt position that reports to the Program and Development Officer for Gender and Environment. Global Greengrants Fund’s benefits package includes health, dental, and vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, and flex plan.
If interested in applying, please send a resume, cover letter, and two related writing samples to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until November 15, or until position is filled. In the subject line of the email, please include “Development Writer” and how you learned about the position. No phone calls, please.
Global Greengrants Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.