For over forty years 1000 Friends has marshaled the land use movement. Driven by a passion for farmland, for forests, for iconic landscapes, and for the future of their communities, Oregonians championed a different approach to land - a respectful, community-based approach. 1000 Friends is now searching to add a Development Coordinator to our team, whose focus will be on building and growing an effective annual giving program, overseeing the database and supporting special events for 1000 Friends of Oregon.
- Implement a comprehensive annual appeal and membership program including strategies to acquire new donors, retain current donors and increase average gift amounts.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple direct mail appeals annually, with customization and emotional appeal, and planning and implementing follow up and phone banking to support the appeal.
- Support Marketing and Communication Strategist with annual Willamette Week Give!Guide campaign.
- Responsible for planning and implementing multiple membership renewal mailings annually, including follow up.
- Support special events (annual gala and smaller cultivation and stewardship events throughout the year) planning and logistics including: conducting negotiations for space contracts and booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering supplies, audiovisual equipment, and event signage, and ensuring appropriate decor.
- Effectively recruit, coordinate and steward event volunteers.
- Prepare nametags, materials, registration lists, seating cards, etc. and coordinate print, mailing and distribution activities for all special events.
- Manage the donor database including data entry, gift entry and processing, data cleanup projects and preparing and analyzing donor reports.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Develop, document and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research and relationship management.
- Prepare and send daily acknowledgement letters and personal thank you notes to donors (and make thank calls to donors as requested).
- Training and/or experience to equal the required knowledge, skills, and abilities of this position.
- 2 years minimum nonprofit fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience managing a database required. Experience with managing a donor database and/or using Salesforce database preferred.
- Experience making fundraising asks in person, on the phone and through written communication.
- Experience supporting special events, such as fundraising galas, stewardship events and educational events.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accurate, well organized, detail-oriented.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative and manage diverse responsibilities.
Send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Development Coordinator candidate by April 20, 2017.
1000 Friends seeks a contributor who is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both inside the organization and on behalf of its mission.
All applications are held in strict confidence. At 1000 Friends of Oregon, we know that a richly diverse mix of professionals makes organizations more effective. As such, we make all forms of diversity a hallmark of all our work, including our hiring practices. 1000 Friends of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.