San Francisco General Hospital Foundation is a dynamic, growing nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting research, education and care for all at San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (The General).
Nearly 100,000 patients are treated at The General annually. A comprehensive medical center, The General provides quality health care with compassion and respect to patients that include some of San Francisco’s most vulnerable. The General is the only provider of trauma (Level 1) and 24-hour psychiatric emergency services for 1.5 million people in San Francisco and northern San Mateo counties. In addition, The General is one of the nation’s top tertiary academic medical centers conducting clinical training and research. For more information about the Foundation and The General, please visit: sfghf.org.
This new position will coordinate the operations of a fast-paced development office. The Development Coordinator, Operations, will be primarily responsible for supporting the Foundation development team and providing administrative support to the Foundation’s Vice President, Development, and department staff as needed. Regular tasks will include: providing back-up support as needed with gift processing activities (including producing donor correspondence and acknowledgments), organizing tours, performing prospect research, maintaining integrity of donor records and other activities to support optimal high level donor stewardship. The Development Coordinator, Operations, will do this work in concert with designated development staff.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing donor information effectively and will possess analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills. The ideal candidate will also have a natural curiosity and interest in streamlining and improving development operations. Windows operating environment proficiency including Word and Excel required.
Reports To: Vice President, Development
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
● Work with Development Coordinator, Database and Gift Administration, to manage gift entry and pledge processing protocols for operating, hospital program, capital gifts and grants, including tracking and filing
● Manage automated acknowledgments for various gifts and assist Development team in drafting / editing personalized acknowledgements
● Provide administrative support for Vice President, Development, including scheduling / calendaring assistance, meeting and tour preparation, and prospect research
● Maintain appropriate records of donor electronic and paper files, and other records related to contributions
● Data entry of donor and prospect pipeline, including list and report production
● As needed fundraising activity support, including annual campaigns, cultivation and special events, tours, and employee campaigns
● Maintain working knowledge of and adherence to systems/controls to auditor established standards
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge 7.7 for fundraising and administrative practices
● Strong writing and editing skills
● Strong commitment to operational improvements, quality work, customer service, detail orientation, and high productivity
● Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
● Ability to interact with all levels of staff
● Strong verbal and listening skills
● Strong work ethic, able to handle confidential and sensitive information
● Interpersonal, presentation, and speaking skills, coupled with a great sense of humor
● Bachelor’s degree
● Valid California driver’s license (required); position involves local travel
● An interest in public health and the mission of San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
● A belief in donor-centered philanthropy and team collaboration
● Fundraising experience in a health care or academic setting
● Familiarity and knowledge of the San Francisco philanthropic community
● Diplomatic self-starter with the ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment with many passionate and involved stakeholders
Compensation & Application Information
San Francisco General Hospital Foundation offers a competitive compensation package based upon experience, and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance as well as professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement plan, commuter discounts, and vacation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with your first and last name, the position title, and “SFGHF” in the subject line. Please do not contact the Foundation directly; all inquiries should be directed to Schaffer & Combs. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.