Celebrating its 90th season, the Grand Rapids Symphony is Michigan’s second largest performing arts organization and has received national recognition for the high quality of its concerts as well as Gateway to Music, a network of education, engagement and access programs. The Grand Rapids Symphony presents more than 400 performances each year, touching the lives of 200,000 attendees annually. Nearly half of those who participate are students, senior citizens and people with disabilities reached through inclusive education and access programs. For complete information about the Grand Rapids Symphony visit www.grsymphony.org
To support the Symphony’s extensive fundraising programs, the Grand Rapids Symphony is seeking a Development Coordinator to join their growing team. The Development Coordinator handles the day-to-day activities of the Grand Rapids Symphony’s Development Department. This includes donor and sponsor benefits fulfillment, coordination of cultivation activities, volunteer coordination and support for selected development events and activities. This is an office-based full-time professional position with occasional night/weekend hours.
Required Skills & Key Responsibilities:
- A strong administrator with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 1-3 years of development administrative experience.
- A driven, versatile and flexible self-starter. We’re looking for someone who can thrive in our fast-paced environment.
- A candidate who loves technology. Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite expected. Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- A highly organized project manager; attention to detail is key to success in this role.
- A positive team member who collaborates easily across various working styles and has a strong patron relations orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate concepts in clear and understandable terms that resonate across community groups.
- Interest in and passion for music or the performing arts is a significant plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive wage, commensurate with experience
- Robust benefits package including health, dental, PTO and opportunity to participate in 401k
- Two complimentary tickets available to most Symphony concerts
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to Paula Tibbe, Manager of Human Resources and Finance at [email protected] by March 6, 2020.