At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Children’s Hospital Trust Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
Boston Children’s Hospital Trust, the hospital’s fundraising division, is seeking a creative, problem solver to help create and implement communications plans for the Trust’s annual projects. This person will write and provide design oversight and project management for cause-marketing, corporate sponsorships, events and more creating effective, on-brand materials (invitations, in-store promotions, mobile app posts and more.) The Development Communications Officer interacts with patient families during photoshoots and works closely with the Associate Director of Development Communications and fundraisers throughout the Trust.
This Development Communications Officer will be responsible for:
- Advising fundraisers on creative strategy, branding, and messaging development under the direction of the Associate Director of Development Communications.
- Providing communications support to annual projects, including activities in support of Trust events, corporate sponsors and cause-marketing programs.
- Acting as a resource to Trust staff for photo, video, and consenting requests, managing patient photoshoots and interviewing patient families.
- Working with in-house and freelance, photographers and designers, as needed.
- Executing special projects as requested by the Associate Director, Development Communications.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles and concepts typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive professional experience, including work with nonprofit organizations and exposure to fundraising.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects successfully in a fast-paced environment, and excellent written and oral communications skills.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including a flexible schedule, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes. Discover your best.Boston Children’s
Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.