Development Associate assists the VP of Corporate Relations in building, maintaining, and growing relationships with local corporate partners with the overall goal of increasing revenue for the organization. Development Associates are responsible for overseeing a large portfolio of companies within selected industries and assisting these companies throughout the year in achieving their community engagement goals in the areas of employee and corporate giving, volunteering, and community development.
- Account Management: Responsible for accounts ranging from large ($500K +), mid-range ($50K -$500K and small accounts ($1K - $50K). Temporary Staff supervision as it pertains to accounts/industries
- Relationship Management: Develop and manage relationships with business leaders , key stakeholders and donors
- Account Analysis: Assist with data gathering, research, and analysis for goal setting and projections, Prepare Projection Reports and other Reports as assigned
Project Support: Active participation/support for Campaign Coordinator Training, Temporary Staff Training, Speakers & Tours, management presentations
Data Entry: Maintain accurate and timely progress notes on assigned accounts as well as related to projects. Demonstrated use of Campaign Database(s): account management tool (Andar), and other instruments as necessary
- Other Duties & Responsibilities as assigned
- Relationship Oriented
- Brand Steward
- Effective Fundraiser
- Effective and Engaging Communication
- Education: BS or BA in Business/related field or a combination of related college course work and experience
- Experience: Three (3) years’ experience in a business/corporate environment
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Spanish Language Proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and perform under stressful conditions
- Demonstrated ability to track projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time effectively and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated skill at the intermediate level in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills. Including public speaking and report writing
- Demonstrated team player, with positive attitude; enthusiastic and creative
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and good judgment
- Demonstrated strong numerical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s License, acceptable driving record, and ability to provide current vehicle insurance documentation
- Must utilize own transportation for fieldwork (with expense reimbursement)
- Flexibility in scheduling outside of normal business hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with Leadership, Staff and the Public. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- This person must be able to remain in a stationary position at the workstation 25% of the time and participate in meetings on and off-site 75% of the time
This person must be able to utilize their own transportation for visits around the San Diego community up to 100% of the time.
- Frequent walking or standing is required.
- The person in this position needs to be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls.
- Weights of up to 30 pounds occasionally lifted (carrying devices provided)
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents.
Typical schedule is 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, flexibility is required due to nature of business. Schedule may be changed as needed, to include evenings, weekends and holidays. Revised 12/2018
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org