The National Center for Youth Law (NCYL) is a nonprofit law firm that for over four decades has worked to ensure marginalized children have the resources, support, and opportunities they need for healthy and productive lives. We weave together a variety of strategies – including research, policy advocacy, and litigation – to ensure the systems intended to support marginalized children do so effectively. As a national organization, we advocate and bring litigation in state and federal court.
NCYL’s mission includes advancing social, economic, and racial justice for children, and we are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage the collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent our employees invest in their work that represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization's success.
Through this role, you will engage in close partnerships with NCYL program staff across campaign areas, partner with leading national, state, and local foundations, and help drive the organization’s growth. NCYL has an $11.8M organizational budget with significant, multi-year investments from leading foundations. The Development Associate will have the opportunity to help ensure that we responsibly steward existing resources while expanding NCYL’s pipeline of funding prospects.
The Development Associate will work as part of a close-knit team to help secure funding for NCYL’s high-impact system reform projects to defend the rights of immigrant children, end child trafficking, protect students from identity-based bullying and harassment at school, hold foster care systems accountable, dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, and increase young people’s access to sexual and reproductive health education and care. This position plays a key role in ensuring the growth and sustainability of our organization through project management, donor communications, prospect research, and record keeping.
This role reports to the Development Director and will work closely with the Development Manager, Executive Director, and Program Directors across the organization.
The Development Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tracking grant proposal and report deadlines and coordinating grant applications, reports, and budgets across teams
- Processing and communicating the receipt of new contracts and grant agreements with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining NCYL’s tracking system of grants, contracts, and individual and corporate contributions, reconciling with the finance department, and writing donor acknowledgements
- Creating and implementing strategies to recognize and engage donors and foundation partners
- Supporting strategy and implementation of NCYL’s annual end of year giving campaign, major donor campaign, and law firm giving campaign
- Researching new funding opportunities to assess alignment with NCYL and creating prospect lists for specific issue areas, campaigns, and geographies
- Managing all fundraising-related social media postings
- Supporting the technology needs of the development team
- Demonstrated commitment to the youth rights issues that NCYL stands for
- Exceptional attention to detail and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and take action with limited resources
- Experience with MS Office software suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) or similar applications
- Ability to learn new technology and explain them to others
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization
- Preference for candidates with Salesforce experience
Salary, Benefits, and Location
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA. Salary is comparable to similar organizations in the Bay Area at $60,565.21 to $ 66,633.18 annually. NCYL provides health, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurance, sabbatical, sick, and vacation benefits, and an employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through May 13, 2019. Submit a cover letter and resume to apply. No phone calls or emails please.
Apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/116643/National-Center-For-Youth-Law/Development-Associate
Applicants with personal experience within a public system, applicants of color, and those who will increase the diversity of NCYL are strongly encouraged to apply.
NCYL is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, marital status, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation, or genetic information.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with