The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Development Associate who will support CVT’s fundraising strategy for individual donors by helping with coordination of gift processing, gift acknowledgements, donor communication and administration of donor information. This position will support development events including CVT’s annual Restoring Hope breakfast, several smaller cultivation events and community events. They will promote a culture of philanthropy at the Center for Victims of Torture.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Gift Stewardship Administration: Process gifts, prepare bank deposits and work with Finance Team to reconcile financial records. Track and process planned giving commitments, multi-year pledges and corporate matching gifts. Prepare thank you letters and receipts for donors. Serves as the main point of contact for inquiries from current and prospective donors by phone, email and in-person.
- Database Coordination/Data Integrity Advocate: Serve as the Development team’s principal user of Raiser’s Edge in partnership with the Database Administrator. Enter data, ensure information integrity, and run queries to extract data for mailings, donor trips and reports. Continuously promote data-driven culture. Support Database Administrator in completion of donor research projects.
- Event Coordination: Support the development team in organizing and implementing fundraising events, including annual breakfast, quarterly donor briefings, house parties and other special events. Assist in logistical and administrative details of events.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- 3-4 years of fundraising experience
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database and complex data processes
- Experience with prospect research
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in:
- Event coordination
- Data entry, specifically donor-related
- Gift processing
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Broad knowledge of fundraising systems and principles
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Commitment to data integrity
- Ability to excel working independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work cross-departmentally
- Exemplary skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Customer service skills, including comfort engaging with donors and talking on the phone
- Access to a vehicle to drive between metro locations on a regular basis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong commitment to human rights and the mission of the organization
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 3, 2019 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is an Affirmative Action, EEO, Minorities, Female, Veterans, Disabled, E-Verify Employer