Barrington Stage Company is seeking a Development Associate to join our team in Pittsfield, MA. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate is a core member of our fundraising team, an early-career position that will grow with the selected candidate’s strengths and skills. BSC is a not-for-profit professional theatre company in the Berkshires with a three-fold mission: to produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs.
Barrington Stage Company recognizes that it is a predominantly white institution and is actively working to become a more just, equitable and anti-racist theatre. We strongly encourage candidates of color, and/or from diverse backgrounds/underrepresented groups to apply.
- Database management: primary department member maintaining the database’s integrity; pulling lists and reports for event invitations, appeals; ensuring accuracy and confidentiality of data
- Gift entry and acknowledgment
- Research and analysis for prospective individual donors as well as grantors
- Drafting appeal and campaign letters
- Event support: tracking RSVPs, assisting with setup, manning and clean up for events of all sizes
- Building relationships with board members and donors at all levels; engaging with community members in-person and virtually
- Supporting activities of fellow Development Department members and the broader mission of BSC as required
- Familiarity with CRM software -- preferably Tessitura, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to engage stakeholders about theatre and our mission on a regular basis, through verbal and written communication
- Interest in building relationships with community members through conversation and presence at events
- Impeccable organization skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
- Self-starter who enjoys working independently and with a team to meet a goal
- Knowledge and interest in theatre, fundraising, and the Berkshires is a plus
This position is full-time exempt with occasional evening/weekend work. Salary is $35,600 with benefits including paid vacation; health, dental, vision and life insurance offered; cultural exchange program with other Berkshire organizations; offer includes 60 days of company housing.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with Development Associate in the subject line.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with