The Foundation for MetroWest is a community foundation founded in 1995 with a mission to connect philanthropic opportunity with demonstrated need in the MetroWest region. We are building a permanent source of philanthropy for the region. We help donors maximize the impact of their local giving, serve as a resource for local nonprofit organizations, and work to enhance the quality of life for all of our residents.
The Foundation is seeking a skilled professional to join its Development Team.
Title: Development Assistant
Education: Bachelors Degree, 3+ years of experience working in an office environment
Location: Natick, MA
Job Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (20 hours per week)
Reports to: Senior Development Officer
The Development Assistant will play an integral role in supporting the growth of the organization and our mission by executing all aspects of the Foundation’s donor database system as it relates to the Development Team. This position will also play a role in the donor moves management process.
- Execute on all aspects related to the Foundation’s donor database system, including: maintaining data integrity, managing mailing lists, event attendance/participation, gift records, constituent queries and reports
- Work with Operations Associate to coordinate and manage database capabilities for maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Enter all gifts in eTapestry, including checks, pledges, recurring gifts, credit cards, online gifts, stock gifts, and event ticket purchases
- Produce and process all gift acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Generate and circulate reports to appropriate staff
- Maintain and update prospect records in eTapestry
Moves Management Responsibilities
- Support the Development team in the donor moves management process through updated donor data via eTapestry
- Attend regularly scheduled development meetings to capture data on prospects to input into eTapestry
- Implement process for disbursing donor portfolios to Development Team
- Some responsibility for prospect research, researching prospects via online and print sources, and creating brief donor profiles in eTapestry
Knowledge and Skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Very strong organizational skills:
- Juggle a variety of activities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Assess and manage priorities
- Ability to take initiative
- Problem solve
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent technology skills. Superior proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Database experience preferred. eTapestry and/or CRM experience a plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft thoughtful well-constructed, personalized gift acknowledgement letters
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working and communicating with a wide range of people
- Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines and safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times
- Consistent work schedule; ability to work 20 hours per week
- Excellent work ethic and passion for working in a team-focused environment
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- Professional demeanor, team player, positive attitude
- Ideal candidate will live in or have strong ties to the MetroWest community
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Incomplete applications will not be considered
Foundation for MetroWest offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Foundation for MetroWest is an equal opportunity employer.