The Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice is the only philanthropic organization working exclusively to advance LGBTQI human rights around the globe. We support brilliant and brave grantee partners in the U.S. and internationally who challenge oppression and seed change. We work for racial, economic, social, and gender justice because we all deserve to live our lives freely, without fear, and with dignity.
The first grantmaker to hundreds of organizations, Astraea plays a catalytic role for LGBTQI groups across the globe. Our grantmaking, capacity building and philanthropic advocacy programs support the work of lesbian, trans*, intersex and LGBTQI organizations to challenge oppression and claim rights.
The Development Assistant reports to the Development Database and Operations Manager and is responsible for a variety of administrative functions within the Development Team. The Development Assistant is responsible for maintaining the fundraising database and will participate in all fundraising activities, including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, prospect research, and special events.
- Administrative support for Development team, including scheduling assistance
- In-house logistical and administrative support for fundraising events (local and national)
- Support with direct mail appeals
- Assist with maintenance of Development Team workplan
- Facilitate inter-departmental communications / activities
- Work closely with Assistant to the Executive Director to coordinate ED’s fundraising activities
- Staff external events (as needed)
- Responsible for all data entry, gift recording, updating of records, list/ query creation and maintenance of fundraising database
- Manage training and updates on fundraising software
- Create and process acknowledgement letters for individual donors
- Liaise with federal workplace giving programs and track compliance with eligibility (application, participation & reporting)
- Assist Database & Operations Manager with creation of weekly and quarterly income/ revenue reports
- Assist Database & Operations Manager with reconciling received revenue with fiscal records
- Assist with donor stewardship efforts (as needed)
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database (ex: Salesforce, Financial Edge, Donor Perfect, Trailblazer etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to present information concisely and effectively
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to ask for direction when needed
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in nonprofit / development and/or administrative environment
- Social Justice framework and interest in LGBTQI Human Rights a plus!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume/CV, cover letter, and salary requirements firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Development Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Astraea is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply. For more information visit www.astraeafoundation.org.