The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a public, charitable organization serving Los Angeles County in multiple capacities since 1915. We encourage philanthropy by individuals, families, companies and organizations, and serve as a trusted steward of their charitable funds and legacies. We make grants and collaborate with nonprofits in specific areas, and concentrate attention and resources on the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and groups in the community. CCF convenes and engages nonprofit, private and public sector partners to increase philanthropy and incorporate philanthropists into community problem solving in Los Angeles.
CCF is a dynamic environment that values individuals who want a purpose more than a position. We have a diverse and talented team of experienced and passionate advocates for our community. We are a learning organization driven by the idea that continuous improvement furthers professional development and increases our ability to effect positive change. We seek individuals who thrive in a fast-paced setting highly focused on results and impact.
CCF is hiring a Development and Donor Operations Associate as part of the Development and Donor Relations team. The associate ensures that the internal foundational support exists to allow external relationship managers to spend their time engaging, cultivating, and stewarding key constituents. This position requires an individual who can prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a high level of customer service among donors, advisors, prospects and grantees.
- Operations: Participates as an integral member of the internal operations team, including gift/legacy intake and new fund/legacy set-up. Includes project management, customer service, timely attention to detail and coordination with other teams including the Development, Grants Management and Accounting.
- Customer Service: Highly responsive to donor requests for information. As a member of the donor operations team, identifies needs for systemic adjustments to institute efficiencies and better serve donors and advisors.
- Donor Relations: Prepares acknowledgment letters and contribution receipts for gifts. Reviews donor acknowledgments for accuracy, special requests and action items that require follow-up. Responds to special requests and action items, or refers action to appropriate person.
- Fundraising Campaign Operations: Coordinates appeals, events and various stewardship activities related to CCF’s focus area fundraising campaigns. This includes the preparation, and mailing of campaign appeals and invitations for donor and advisor events; managing RSVP lists, staff briefing meetings, online registration pages, event reports, sign-in sheets, attendance lists, nametags and signage. Provides on-site support for event registration and assists with set-up and breakdown.
- Mailings: Works with Marketing and Communications staff to coordinate all mailings. Assists with the production of and coordinates the mailing of quarterly activity statements for all donor serviced funds at CCF.
- Supporting Organizations: Coordinates regular board of directors’ meetings of CCF’s internal supporting organization CCF-CIF, tracks corporate compliance and provides project management support as needed.
- Administrative Support: Provides departmental administrative support including answering phones, data entry, research, mailings, filing, creating donor giving pages online, and coordinating continuing education. Provides individual administrative support to two external-facing team members, including composing, processing and expediting correspondence; processing mail; creating and maintaining files as appropriate; scheduling meetings and conference calls; ordering supplies; copying documents; making travel arrangements; processing invoices, check requests and expense reports; maintaining calendars; and event preparation and coordination. Screens and handles telephone calls, answers initial questions about products and services, and directs prospects accordingly.
- Database Management: Involved in the management of both electronic and physical files, ensuring that records are consistently filed and easily retrievable, including Raiser’s Edge and other databases as needed. Uses databases to efficiently track and monitor ongoing relationship building efforts.
- Prospect and Donor Research: Conducts research on prospective donors and advisors, using online and database research tools.
- Departmental Interaction: Communicates regularly with all departments on donor activities, special needs, issues and concerns to foster collaboration and connection. Works closely with Development and Finance staff to address customer service needs and concerns.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Assists with special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: Three to five years related experience required, with a minimum of three years’ Raiser’s Edge, development and donor services in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Philanthropic Practices: Strong knowledge of grantmaking processes and the nonprofit community in Los Angeles County.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Superior and proven customer services skills, including experience in writing customer-oriented policy and procedure documents.
- Project Management Skills: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands. Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Minimum of three years’ experience with Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to follow directions. Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations.
- Work may require weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a regular, full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, parking or transportation, and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with