Summary Description about the Position
Reporting to the VP: Data Operations & Strategy, the Database Manager is a member of the Business Intelligence Group (BIG), a team established in 2016 to address the ever-growing amount of data being collected by The Jewish Federation and the increased integration of business systems. With strategic oversight of constituent information, a significant outward-facing goal of the Group is to work closely with the various key business units to analyze and expand the prospect to participant and/or donor conversion pipeline and support the annual revenue and engagement goals. The Group also is tasked with improving business processes to create efficiencies with the desired effect of streamlining reporting and work flows and reducing overall expenses.
The Database Manager will have responsibility for developing expertise in Federation’s constituent relationship system (Blackbaud CRM, known internally as DRIVE) to provide direction for coding structures, data entry, and training and support for end users across the organization. This role oversees a team of two with responsibility for data updates, and partners with other members of BIG and IT to support Federation’s fundraising and program engagement efforts as they relate to data and constituent information.
- Maintain Blackbaud CRM (CRM) and ensure good data hygiene by implementing, documenting, and enforcing standard operating procedures for entering and exporting data; proactively follow up with other staff to ensure compliance
- Identify data stored outside of CRM and determine feasibility of conversion via discussions with colleagues; establish process, documentation, and perform complex data imports
- Serve as the subject matter expert for data stored in CRM
- Determine appropriate coding for various campaigns and appeals in conjunction with Campaign, Creative Services and/or Accounting.
- Participate in all decisions impacting data quality and structure
- Partner with Application Development Manager in testing and implementation of system upgrades/new functionality and integrations with other modules and systems
User Training and Support
- Oversee employee on-boarding related to CRM, including training of new staff members on using the database for both frontline and operational purposes.
- Update and create documentation/training manuals/FAQ sheets for data and processes in CRM
- Provide departments with documentation specific to their business processes and data structure
- Cultivate relationships with potential partners who can act as departmental contacts/resources for level-one assistance
- Drive adoption and provide ongoing targeted system training, as well as respond to specific requests for assistance
Supervision and Administrative Duties
- Supervise Data Entry Associates, responsible for all record creation, biographical and contact information updates, and mass data entry
- Prioritize requests for data entry and clearly communicate to team and requestors
- Participate in the cross-departmental CRM working group representing the Business Intelligence Group; help address new challenges and integrations, transmitting updates and information to the team as appropriate
Be available to supervisor for additional assignments, as required, including assisting with the Campaign.
Education and Experience Required for the Position
- The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, data-driven environment and enjoy working with colleagues from departments across Federation. A balanced mix of interpersonal, business, analytical, and technical skills is required for success in this position.
- Experience serving in a direct supervisory role, as well as leading by influence rather than authority
- Ability to take initiative, respond creatively to challenges, and be flexible and adaptable to competing demands
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight deadlines, as either project lead or team participant
- Strong oral communication skills to speak in a variety of settings to provide information, explain procedures and system functionality, and persuade others to understand and implement a specific action
- Strong written communication skills to relate complex information clearly and logically; ability to write and edit grammatically correct training materials while maintain consistency in form and format
- Demonstrated ability and experience developing process and system documentation in a form that can be used by both data processors and non-technical colleagues with minimal experience
- Skilled at providing technical customer support in person, by phone, and by email; superior customer service skills and positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills to work and interact with colleagues with varying degrees of interest in and experience with data
- Ongoing commitment to awareness and research of emerging technology, systems, features, software, and best practices.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand a variety of business applications
- Detailed understanding of constituent relationship management database systems required, preferably in a non-profit and/or fundraising environment; BlackBaud products preferred
- Ability to identify issues and provide guidance in resolving complex systems issues.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, proficiency in the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Comfort working with large data sets
- Should have 3 or more years’ experience in work and/or education related thereto
- Degree in information systems, business, or related field preferred
We Are Proud To Be An EEO Employer M/F/V/D
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]