The Center for Victims of Torture is hiring a Database Administrator who will administer all aspects of donor database: establishes standards and procedures, provides training and support to users, assures integrity of the database, gift processing and data entry, resolves systems and promotes improvements. This position will work closely with the Development team to provide research and administrative support, as well as fulfill complex data requests. They will fulfill reporting and compliance needs. This position promotes a culture of philanthropy at the Center for Victims of Torture.
The Center for Victims of Torture works toward a future in which torture ceases to exist and its victims have hope for a new life. We are an international nonprofit dedicated to healing survivors of torture. We offer rehabilitation services to those who have been tortured, train partners around the world who can prevent and treat torture, and advocate for human rights and an end to torture. We are headquartered in Minnesota, and we have US offices in Atlanta and DC, as well as offices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Data Systems Management: Set standards of donor entry for all those who enter data into donor database, Raiser’s Edge, to guarantee consistency and accuracy. Train staff on use and functionality of the database. Manage required data functions in donor database, including gift processing, reports and queries, and data integration. Manage direct mail data needs, including reporting and generating mail lists. Keep the database up to date and perform ongoing cleanup. Investigate and resolve any Raiser’s Edge system errors and problems. Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Major Donor Program Support: Maintain the integrity of the data-driven moves management system. Assist gift officers in updating and maintaining non-gift information on existing donors and prospects in the donor database. Regularly review and report on major donor data, including gift outcomes and donor engagement. Analyze and export data from donor database to create lists of donors who would be appropriate to engage with through various major gifts strategies (events, travel meetings, mailings, pledge billing, etc.).
- Prospect Research: Conduct research as assigned from the Development team. Use research to identify prospects’ and donors’ capacity to give and affinity towards the work of CVT. Complete thank you calls of midlevel donors and uncover new prospects for research and cultivation.
- Supervision: Serve as the supervisor for the Development Associate. Coach, mentor and develop through ongoing feedback as well as formal performance management systems.
- Reporting and Compliance: Provide fiscal and relationship data for monthly and yearly development reports. Maintain compliance with charity watchdog groups.
Preferred education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- 5 years of donor database experience
- 1-2 years as a database administrator
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database and complex data processes
- Experience with prospect research
- Experience supervising staff, interns or volunteers
Required education, experience, certificates, licenses or registrations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of donor database experience
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Broad knowledge of fundraising systems and principles
- Vast knowledge of at least one donor database
- Commitment to data integrity
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to excel working independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to work cross-departmentally
- Exemplary skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong time management
- Customer service skills, including comfort engaging with donors and talking on the phone
- Access to a vehicle to drive between metro locations on a regular basis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong commitment to human rights and the mission of the organization
Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 3, 2019 to http://cvt.simplicant.com/
CVT is an Affirmative Action, EEO, Minorities, Female, Veterans, Disabled, E-Verify Employer