The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a nonprofit grantmaking foundation that administers almost 1,600 individual charitable funds to meet existing and emerging needs in the Greater Los Angeles area. CCF is one of the largest and fastest growing community foundations in the United States. With assets of more than $1.4 billion currently, CCF has awarded more than $1.7 billion in grants and received more than $1.9 billion in contributions over the past ten years. Since 1915, CCF has helped individuals, families, corporations and nonprofits establish and develop their philanthropic visions.
We envision a future where all Angelenos thrive – a future where the productive capabilities of Angelenos contribute to the health and well-being of our communities. The fate and future of every resident is interwoven, and our success as a community will be defined by how we improve the quality of life of all residents, especially our most vulnerable. We also envision a future in which more donors impact the challenges of Los Angeles and beyond, fulfilling their passions and creating a diverse spectrum of opportunities and philanthropic legacies.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer (EVP/COO), the project manager will coordinate and oversee development of a new data platform for the greater Los Angeles region. This position is a temporary, full-time, exempt position with an expected duration of eight (8) months and potential for extension.
The current state of data in Los Angeles is much like the county itself–diverse, yet disconnected; densely populated, yet disorganized; rich with detail, yet often impossible to navigate. These are not purely academic concerns. What is buried in the data–undiscovered needs and unheralded solutions–has the potential to affect the lives of whole communities. CCF is developing a new platform to address issues surrounding data in our region. This phase of the project is a proof of concept and will continue to evolve. The ideal candidate will be aware of LA’s complex and diverse jurisdictions and possess a passion for data.
- Interface with the team of California Community Foundation staffers working on the project, third party contractors developing the platform and the prospectus consulting team.
- Attend weekly team meetings with relevant staff and/or contractors.
- Facilitate meetings with stakeholders, potential partners and advisory board.
- Drive creation of initial site content for launch.
- Create and maintain project timeline.
- Manage changes to project scope and direction, as well as related processes.
- Track budgets.
- Manage contractors for website build out.
- Oversee third party data development and assist in procuring additional resources (e.g., software).
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: Minimum of three years’ experience managing projects and/or software products. Must be data literate, with a passion for social change. Familiarity with Agile methodologies and user/human centered design required. Familiarity with data standards, public policy, nonprofit work and Los Angeles County preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or on the job training with over three years of experience in a similar capacity required.
- Communication Skills: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Technology Skills: Data literate, familiar with Agile methodologies and user/human centered design. Willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Project Management Skills: Experience managing software projects and/or software products. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands. Demonstrated ability to follow tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to the nature of external appointments and/or responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this position.
- This position is required to be available to speak with clients and/or others while away from the office and/or with clients and/or others located in other time zones outside Foundation business hours.
- Work may require weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
This is a temporary, full-time, exempt position with an expected duration of eight (8) months and potential for extension. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, FSAs and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.