- Classification: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
- Location: This position is California based. At this time we are seeking candidates who are California residents. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Beneficial State Foundation staff are currently working from home full time. In the future we expect to be able to offer this role the option to work remotely full time permanently, or to work out of our Oakland, CA or Fresno, CA offices when that is safe to do.
- Reports to: Jhana Valentine, Program Director, Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
- Manages: No direct reports
We use geographic zones when determining starting salary. To give candidates a sense of the range, the starting salary for this role is $76,600 in Fresno and $87,550 in Oakland.
Beneficial State Foundation offers:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401(k) with 6% employer matching contribution
- Generous vacation time, sick time and paid holiday schedule (including a full week office closure at the end of the calendar year)
- 32 hours a year of paid volunteer hours
- Charitable Donation match ($250 annually)
- Remote work/green commute stipend and wellness activity stipend
Due to the pandemic all staff are currently working from home. We provide staff with support for remote work in many ways, including a monthly stipend, additional reimbursement for some expense categories, ergonomic assessment resources, etc.
How to Apply:
Applications are due by 8am PST on September 14th.
Please submit a resume and answer our application questions through our job application form here: https://beneficialstate.org/our-team/
A cover letter is not required. Applications without responses to the application questions will not be considered.
Beneficial State Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
If there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process, please let us know.
About Beneficial State Foundation and Our Mission
Beneficial State Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to change the banking system for good. For decades banks have damaged our communities and our planet, accelerating both economic inequality and environmental disaster. This harmful way of banking must stop and our strategy to both demonstrate and reshape banking practices and behaviors reflects the multi-pronged approach we take to systems change. In partnership with our communities and our allies, Beneficial State Foundation works to transform the banking industry in two ways: as a banking system change agent and advocate, and as a bank owner, investor, and practitioner.
As a systems change agent, we engage in policy and regulatory advocacy, banking industry relations, and field building to support, convene, and build capacity with equitable banking partners. As a bank owner, investor, and practitioner, we develop and test equitable banking standards and metrics. We measure the social and environmental impact of Beneficial State Bank. We also house California’s Clean Vehicle Assistance Program.
We are a small but effective team grounded in social justice and strong core values. You can read more about Beneficial State Foundation’s core values here.
We have offices in Oakland (headquarters) and Fresno, California and Portland, Oregon.
About the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
The Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (CVA Program) is California’s leading state-wide, equity-focused clean vehicle incentive program. The program was launched in June 2018 with the mission to make clean vehicles more accessible and affordable to Californians with lower household incomes by providing grants and fair financing options. The quickly growing pilot program is administered by Beneficial State Foundation and funded by the California Air Resources Board. Since launching the program, our extremely passionate team of twenty has awarded grants to roughly 750 people.
The Data and Impact Manager will create reliable and scalable data management systems that enable data analysis, reporting, transparency initiatives, and program evaluation for the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program. As the go-to person for answering data and evaluation questions, the ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively and leveraging their analytical skills to support their team members, disadvantaged communities, and the program’s overall success. The CVA Program’s primary data is currently collected and stored in Salesforce, and Excel is used to aggregate data, clean data, and conduct data analysis.
The CVA Program data has the potential to answer important questions, such as: who is benefiting from clean vehicle grants, who isn’t, and what barriers are most prevalent for different demographics in clean vehicle adoption? The ideal candidate will recognize the significant opportunities to leverage our data and learnings to grow and improve the CVA Program and be a thought-leader in defining and measuring equity in clean vehicle incentive programs.
When it is safe to do so again, this role is expected to meet and work with key stakeholders in-person and participate in programmatic events. Expected travel of 5-10 business day per year (California) when travel is not impacted by pandemic or other circumstances. In addition, there will be some evening engagements and occasional weekend commitments.
Below we take a deeper look into the core functions of the Data and Impact Manager:
We are seeking a curious and analytical individual who is able to manage, clean and compile datasets, leverage analytical platforms to create visual analyses and collaborate with key stakeholder to explain the outcome of analyses. Strong analysis of the CVA Program data is foundational to the program's success. It will help identify what elements of the program are working well and where the program can improve.
Data Management: Integrity, Reporting & Transparency
In coordination with the Program Director and Operations Director, the Data and Impact Manager will oversee reporting requirements to the Air Resources Board and other partners. This will include collecting, cleaning, and organizing data and continually making process improvements for efficiency. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be detail orientated and able to compile accurate and complete reports on hard deadlines. Currently, there are a series of regularly recurring reports to manage. In addition, there are periodic ad-hoc reporting requests. The Data and Impact Manager will also coordinate data transparency initiatives in partnership with CVA Program staff and partner organizations, such as published program dashboards and evaluation reports.
The Data and Impact Manager will lead the development, implementation, and tracking of key performance indicators (KPIs) for the CVA Program. They will collaborate with the team to ensure the KPIs are strong evaluation metrics. Once the KPIs are complete, the Data and Impact Manager will track the progress of the KPIs and provide recommendations on changes needed to ensure programmatic goals are met. As a team of equity champions, Beneficial State Foundation expects the Data and Impact Manager to go beyond traditional metrics to create unique metrics to evaluate the program’s impact from an equity standpoint.
We are passionate about developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you are excited about this role but do not meet every qualification listed below, we urge you to apply. Transferable skills are any skills gained through education, work experience (including the military), or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills in your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and transferrable experience
- 6+ years work experience preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in database management tools (the CVA Program currently relies on Microsoft Excel and Salesforce)
- Experience working with data management and visualization software (R, R studio, SQL, python, GIS)
- Experience creating reports for key stakeholders and managing a reporting schedule
- Must be detail oriented and committed to quality and consistency for data management and reporting
- Must have experience using data validation and QA techniques
- Demonstrated ability to create ad-hoc data visualizations and data dashboards for stakeholders
- Knowledge of traditional evaluation metric development and eagerness to develop creative, BSF-specific evaluation tools
- Strong project manager with the ability to develop project requirements alone or with a team, craft a realistic timeline for deliverables, and ensure timely completion of project components
- Must be able to work autonomously and pro-actively with high-level direction when needed and also able to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Keen awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations
- Comfort and flexibility working with remote staff
- Commitment to social, economic, and racial justice and background working in these areas
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate technical information into compelling insights for stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrates interest in contributing to and working by Beneficial State Foundation’s Core Values
Be the first to comment
Sign in with