Do you have demonstrated success securing and renewing corporate sponsorships? Has your business development experience been in the design/architecture world? Are you interested in working with the global leader for advocating for and education of sustainable building? If so, we want to hear from you!
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an experienced Corporate Sponsorship Manager to secure corporate sponsorships for ILFI’s products, programs, events, digital and print media, and educational programming. The Corporate Sponsorship Manager will be able to write and speak persuasively about ILFI’s mission and vision, and will be responsible for maintaining and growing sponsorship revenue. Successful candidates will manage a portfolio of approximately 100 existing sponsors, maximize sponsor satisfaction and retention, and secure and maintain new global corporate sponsors. The Corporate Sponsorship Manager will coordinate with appropriate ILFI departments to design and fulfill sponsor benefit packages. A successful candidate will be able to take ownership and initiative to ensure high-quality and timely results.
Submit a resume and a cover letter to [email protected] Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Corporate Sponsorship Manager“. We will review applications on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI)’s mission is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. The organization believes providing a compelling vision for the future is a fundamental requirement for reconciling humanity’s relationship with the natural world. More than a decade ago, the International Living Future Institute issued a challenge: use the built environment to create a revolutionary transformation towards true sustainability. Since then, ILFI has continued to grow our visionary programs, challenging architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, and communities to change the course of climate change and share in building a living future through educating, setting standards, research and creating innovative tools. The International Living Future Institute is a dynamic, growing organization aspiring to be a leader with a formidable reputation for integrity, action and measurable results. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented and mission-driven workplace. ILFI has offices in Seattle, WA and Pittsburgh, PA as well as additional remote staff across the country and in Canada. ILFI also operates globally with affiliate entities in Australia and Europe.
- Develop and cultivate a pipeline of ILFI prospects, managing the process from developing presentations and decks to initial and follow-up meetings to creating proposals to negotiating and closing agreements.
- Contact prospects by telephone, letter, email and networking events; make cold calls as necessary. Follow up with face-to-face meetings, when appropriate
- Assist in preparing materials to be presented to prospects, including proposals and appropriate correspondence
- Make formal presentations to senior managers at corporations about the use of ILFI sponsorship to enhance corporate goals
- Familiarize yourself with ILFI’s programs, goals and events
- Develop internal relationships with ILFI Events, Education, Sales, and Program teams in the development and leadership of sponsor benefit fulfillment
- Adhere to ILFI’s Vision and Mission, and maintain proficient knowledge of its strategy and programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing sponsors
- Collaborate with the Communications, Education and Events Departments to assure that sponsors receive the benefits as outlined in Sponsorship Agreements
- Develop a strategy, goals and objectives for lead generation, assessment, valuation and packaging potential sponsorships
- Identify categories of new sponsor prospects, as well as promotional and event agencies that represent prospective sponsors
- Determine the most effective and efficient process to reach prospects and make them aware of ILIF’s sponsorship opportunities
- Review corporate sponsorship trends and identify opportunities to incorporate these trends where appropriate
- Develop monthly and annual sponsorship revenue goals in conjunction with Director of Business Development and Chief Marketing Officer to create annual budgets to forecast for revenue and expenses
- Meet and exceed all revenue targets
- Cultivate and nurture long-term relationships with underwriting decision-makers at corporations and influencers in order to ascertain corporate sponsor needs and opportunities and to assess implications for ILFI
- Generate regular monthly revenue reports to keep senior leadership up to date
- Maintain a database using Salesforce CRM and other internal tracking systems for secured contact information history and financial history
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of corporate sponsorship experience
- Comfortable managing deadlines, prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment, and producing quality results with great attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation, writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience
- Demonstrated success and deep understanding of the sales process, with a strong general sales acumen
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the competitive sponsorship landscape
- Previous experience in a sales or marketing role in which success required superior relationship development and account management skills
- An understanding of green building design and construction industry desired; architecture, design and manufacturing
- Ability to effectively work from a home office collaborating with staff, clients and prospects in a wide variety of time zones
- Affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications (hardware and software will be Mac based and experience with Apple products is preferred)
- A strong passion for, and commitment to creating a more sustainable world
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes full employer-funded health, dental and vision for employees and dependents as well as employee life insurance and a 6% match for our 403(b) retirement plan (US employees only), three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days of annual sick leave.
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with