Rainforest Trust is seeking a Corporate Events Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring the smooth execution and planning of all Rainforest Trust events.
The responsibilities and duties for this position include:
- Events activities: major donor receptions/dinners and trips; fair festival-conference-trade show coordination and execution; outreach/community relations in tandem with communications/marketing team; prize/gift procurement/research; substantial 30th anniversary role during 2018 and more.
- All event logistics - from creation to coordination, to include post-event debriefings and follow-up
- Event collateral development: invitation copy; printing; all on site collateral etc.
- Communicating with corporate sponsors to ensure fulfillment of Rainforest Trust obligations.
- Knowledge in building relationships; venue and vendor research and negotiation; contract review; agendas; letters of intent and proposals; timelines; drafting remarks and guest bios
- Involvement with corporate/business sponsor fulfillment
- Coordinate with Data to ensure proper use and updates to eTapestry
- Support the development of annual departmental strategy and goals
- Represent Rainforest Trust in meetings and at events with corporations
- Write as needed for development activities and campaigns
- Coordinate with other Rainforest Trust teams (conservation, communication) as needed to ensure on-time project delivery
- Additional duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate passion for and understanding of Rainforest Trust’s mission, culture and values.
- Event management experience (1-2 years), corporate event contacts a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with constituents
- Strong self-organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of integrated teams.
- Can do attitude that fosters creative problem solving
- BS / BA university degree in related field (preferred).
Please send your resume and a cover letter stating your interest to work for Rainforest Trust and your salary aspirations to [email protected]