The Programming & External Relations Coordinator role works closely with the Vice President and all members of the team to execute the department’s vital work.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are highly organized and detail‐oriented. You consistently produce high‐quality, error‐free work, reflecting an ability to complete tasks on time with quality and accuracy.
- You are a talented multi‐tasker who can successfully juggle multiple work streams and demands.
- You have a background and/or demonstrated interest in marketing, visuals, and writing, and seek to work in a mission‐driven organization.
- You are a really strong communicator, both in writing and speaking. Your interpersonal skills allow you to interact effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- Others regard you as being a fount of knowledge, experience, and someone who is widely‐read (and yet humble about it). You are full of awesome ideas for speakers, blog post ideas, and other ways we can better reach our audiences.
- You are a genuinely wonderful colleague to have around. You work well within a close knit team as well as across other departments. You are flexible and adaptable in a fast‐paced environment. You are also excellent at managing up. Your highly positive attitude, shared commitment to excellence, and thoughtfulness are an asset to CEP.
- Playing a major role with CEP’s communications and marketing efforts. This includes managing and tracking our analytics (web, marketing, and press metrics, etc.), assisting with large‐ and small‐scale mailings, using hosted software for managing marketing efforts, maintaining good relationships with print and design vendors for specific projects, and playing a key role in maintaining CEP’s website.
- Actively supporting the team in event planning and execution of CEP’s biennial conference and programs.
- Maintaining CEP’s mailing lists and contact database and conducting Internet research to update databases on a regular basis; performing detailed quality control of CEP’s contact data base.
- Learning and growing in use of and responsibility for Salesforce and Hubspot for the organization.
- Actively contributing to team discussions, collaborating on cross‐team projects, and helping develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations.
- Maintaining a system for CEP’s internal library, chronicling resources and purchasing publications and literature as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year in a relevant role is preferred.
- Strong computer/technical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook; familiarity with Salesforce, Wordpress, and Hubspot a big plus.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.
For fifteen years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 300 foundations have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect.
Compensation is competitive and includes generous benefits. CEP is based in Cambridge Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. This position is available in CEP’s Cambridge office.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, to leahaa [at] effectivephilanthropy [dot] org, attention: Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.