The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation supports creative people, effective institutions, and influential networks building a more just, verdant, and peaceful world. MacArthur is placing a few big bets that truly significant progress is possible on some of the world’s most pressing social challenges, including over-incarceration, global climate change, nuclear risk, and significantly increasing financial capital for the social sector. In addition to the MacArthur Fellows Program, the Foundation continues its historic commitments to the role of journalism in a responsible and responsive democracy, as well as the strength and vitality of our headquarters city, Chicago.
MacArthur is one of the nation's largest independent foundations. Organizations supported by the Foundation work in about 50 countries. In addition to Chicago, MacArthur has offices in India, Mexico, and Nigeria.
About the Department
The Office of Evaluation focuses on designing, facilitating, and supporting the Foundation’s efforts to proactively measure, assess, and learn from its grantmaking programs. The Coordinator is an integral and active part of the Evaluation department, which includes active participation in meetings, seminars, site visits, etc. The Coordinator works closely with the Associate to the Managing Director to ensure smooth operations for the department, and reports to Managing Director of Evaluation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and manage logistics for meetings, including liaising with Meeting Planners as needed
- Arrange and coordinate appointments and travel for Evaluation members
- Process expense reports
- Liaise with Information Technology in identifying and resolving technology and systems requirements and issues for the department
- Interact with, provide guidance to, and respond to questions from grantees and others
- Provide general proofreading and editing
- Coordinate document and information management tasks that add value for the department
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as back-up to Associate to the Managing Director and participate in cross-training
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant experience
- A bachelor’s degree is desirable
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and verbal skills
- Able to manage numerous tasks and projects
- Able to think and work independently, using strong working knowledge of program substance and process
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel