The Educational Foundation of America (EFA) is a family foundation making grants nationally in five program areas: climate, creative placemaking, democracy, food security, and reproductive rights. The majority of our grantmaking is focused in Appalachia and the South.
The Administrative Coordinator plays a key role at EFA. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinator’s duties fall into two categories: (1) philanthropic administration and support, and (2) events management. This position is four days per week.
PHILANTHROPIC ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT
- Oversee and manage all aspects of grants administration, including data entry into EFA’s cloud-based grants management database;
- Manage Board discretionary grantmaking process;
- Manage internal communications including the quarterly newsletter and foundation-wide calendar;
- Serve as the EFA webmaster;
- Perform administrative functions such as scheduling appointments; drafting meeting summaries and minutes; and serve as point-person for outside vendors;
- Ensure smooth office operations (e.g. maintain office supplies and oversee day-to-day office management); and
- Other administrative assistance as needed.
- Act as project manager and onsite contact for three multiday board meetings per year;
- Create and manage budgets for all board meetings; and
- Manage EFA’s travel planner.
- BA Degree;
- Fluency, expertise, and complete comfort with business related software programs (including: Microsoft Office suite, Squarespace, Dropbox, etc.);
- Unwavering attention and commitment to detail and accuracy;
- Exceptional and nuanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities; and
- Flexible outlook with a sense of perspective and humor.
Travel requirements are at least three weekends per year.
TO APPLY - Send cover letter and resume by email to Melissa Beck, Executive Director, at email@example.com with the subject line: Administrative Coordinator. No phone calls please.
EFA is located on the historic Garrison’s Landing on the banks of the Hudson River in Garrison, New York. The Foundation’s office is within walking distance of the Garrison Metro-North train station and has a collegial and productive work environment in a natural setting with views of the river from all offices and common areas. EFA provides compensation commensurate with experience and skills, excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance as well as free parking for all employees.
The Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.