The East Bay Community Foundation (EBCF) is a leading resource for mobilizing financial resources and community leadership to transform the lives of people in the East Bay. We do it through research on the pressing needs and issues facing East Bay communities, and through joining our own financial and leadership resources with those of the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
EBCF strives to be a leader in promoting equity and inclusion in its own operations and throughout the region it serves. EBCF also holds itself accountable to equity and inclusion by creating and retaining a Board and staff that reflect the diversity of the East Bay so that it can provide donors and communities with the broadest possible perspective.
- Supervises accounting staff; Senior Accountants and temp staff
- Approves journal entries of staff
- Learns responsibilities of staff and can back them up when necessary
- Responsible for the execution of all financial record-keeping and reporting
- Assists in the preparation of tax returns, annual external audit, other special projects
- With CFO, establishes monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting calendar and coordinates closes
- Ensures that proper financial controls are in place to protect foundation’s assets and ensures compliance with donor’s intent and regulatory bodies
- Oversees and monitors financial transactions, asset rebalancing, and adequacy of working capital to meet foundation’s financial requirements
- Shares responsibility with our Donor Services & Administrative Support department head for accuracy and timeliness of quarterly donor statements
- Assists CFO as asked
- Determines annual spending amounts for foundation’s endowments
- With Executives, and Department Heads develops annual budget
- Passion for the mission of EBCF
- Strong commitment to professional excellence
- Ability to self-manage and work independently, but also collaboratively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- CPA certificate or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and fund accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems and software
- Advanced financial analysis and modeling skills
- Familiar with fund accounting and multiple types of planned giving vehicles used by Foundations, including trust and legacy gifts
- Knowledge of UPMIFA and the management of endowments
- Familiarity with fund types and the restrictions placed on the use of each of those types of assets.
Start Timeframe: Position is currently open. Start date will be coordinated with successful candidate
Compensation: Position offers competitive compensation and benefits
Working Hours: Full time exempt position
Location: Frank Ogawa Plaza, downtown Oakland CA
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Send a letter of interest and résumé to:
Human Resources, East Bay Community Foundation, 200 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA 94612 or via email to [email protected]baycf.org
EBCF is an equal-opportunity employer. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.