Overview (Position Description)
The Rockefeller Foundation is seeking a highly motivated Communications Officer, Speechwriting and Internal Communications who can research, produce and edit a wide array of high-quality written materials including speeches, op-eds, statements, talking points, video scripts, blog posts, correspondence, presentations, and publications. The key role of this position is to focus on producing materials that The Rockefeller Foundation staff can use with internal and external audiences, helping to advance our message and mission.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Sr. Speechwriter in researching, drafting, and editing speeches and remarks for the Foundation’s senior leaders.
- Develops and repurposes written materials for use as op-eds, statements, blog posts, articles, talking points, correspondence, and other speeches.
- Produces content for internal communications purposes including newsletters, talking points, all-staff emails, and presentations.
- Works with the Digital team to develop and produce content for The Rockefeller Foundation website.
- Works with the Media Team to develop statements and quotes for the Foundation president and other senior leaders.
- Writes talking points, blog posts, press releases, and other material.
- Develops, researches, and writes briefing memos and prepares briefing materials.
- Leads content development for annual report and other publications.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Communication: Exceptional written and verbal skills; strong interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Execution: Strong research and project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability and the ability to effectively multi-task.
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building.
- Leadership: highly driven, results-oriented, creative, intellectually curious, nimble problem solver.
- Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities and design innovative approaches to resolve issues.
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities, using analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect and broad organizational interests.
Education, Training and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, international relations, or related field
- 2-5 years’ experience with a proven track record as a writer and/or creator of written content for an executive, government official, high-level politician, or influencer, with demonstrated ability to think strategically and devise speeches and presentations that help achieve specific goals; 1 year of speechwriting experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of international affairs, economics, global health, or other development topics
- Superb inter-personal skills, professional presence and experience engaging directly with senior officials
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- A proven ability to think strategically, analyze critically, and to translate ideas and insights into action through coherent and viable programs and plans
- Strong interest in non-profit and public sectors
- Ability to manage projects, consultants and budgets on deadline and per agreed upon benchmarks
- Team skills, such as flexibility, diplomacy, and listening skills
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Digitally savvy with familiarity writing for digital platforms
How To Apply
Click here to apply.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with