About the Foundation
The Bezos Family Foundation believes children are born with potential and deserve the experiences and environments needed to learn and thrive. Our programs and funding are guided by the science of learning and aim to transform how we support all young people—especially those furthest from opportunity—to pursue their own path for success. Learn more at www.bezosfamilyfoundation.org.
About the position
The Communications Manager will work with the Foundation’s programs and partners to elevate the Foundation’s story of impact across a variety of channels with a strong digital focus. As an integral member of the Communications team, this individual works in a collaborative way, bringing creativity and proven ability to craft compelling content that resonates with diverse audiences. Most important, this person can harness their communications expertise and the power of language to drive social change in ways that align with the Foundation’s mission and ensure the integrity of its brand.
- Collaborate with program and communications staff to craft compelling stories for a variety of audiences and channels with an emphasis on digital.
- Draft strategic and engaging copy for diverse communications including: digital and social campaigns, e-newsletters, blogs, case studies, releases, presentations, Vroom Tips, and more.
- Edit user-generated content and internal/external documents to ensure accuracy, persuasiveness, quality, consistency, and timeliness of brand messaging.
- Review data and conduct research to inform stories, as needed.
- Review and help craft talking points and presentation materials as needed.
- Support events, campaigns, and other activities to advance the Foundation’s work.
- Identify inspirational and informative programmatic stories and craft compelling content to use in digital, print, and more.
- Generate ideas for new awareness opportunities to support programmatic goals.
- Assist in bringing stories to life visually, as needed, including occasional photo editing.
- Work collaboratively to execute and evaluate content strategy for programs across channels.
Cross-Team Operations and Other Responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the Communications strategy and priorities.
- Ensure the Foundation’s branding guidelines remain up-to-date.
- Maintain brand and voice consistency across each of the Foundation’s programs.
- Post blog entries, website stories, and seed content into e-newsletters and other templates as needed.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge of analytics tools; review and share content performance and analytics with recommendations for refinement.
- Establish or enhance cross-team processes to improve efficiency.
- Stay on top of emerging trends.
Required Experience and Education
- Six to eight years of experience working in a communications role or another position with a significant communications and/or writing/editing component.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, or Communications preferred.
- Experience in education sector preferred but not required.
- Thorough knowledge of communications and best practices for social impact communications.
- Well versed in storytelling and crafting compelling copy for a variety of channels and audiences with strong aptitude to bring those stories to life.
- Ability to enhance the quality of writing through the editing process and adhere to brand guidelines.
- Strong presentation skills; speaks with authority and conviction.
- Ability to plan, conceive, produce, and evaluate compelling communications materials.
- Flexible and proactive, with ability to effectively prioritize projects, manage resources and support changing needs of the team.
- Proficiency with AP Style standards.
- Proficiency with CMS websites, e-communications tools, and PowerPoint.
- Photography/design experience a plus, especially comfort in production applications like Photoshop.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Deep conviction about the Foundation’s mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build and leverage collaborative relationships with team members at all levels and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Excellent ability to think analytically, to multitask, to establish processes, and to perform high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build trust and strong relationships with team members, youth, educators, and partners to achieve shared goals.
- Is nimble and flexible and can gracefully manage conflicting deadlines and priorities while maintaining a perspective on long-term goals.
- Takes initiative, is resourceful, and demonstrates a positive and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Is exceptionally curious and can convert curiosity into tangible outcomes.
- Demonstrates unwavering integrity, ethics, and sound judgment; is comfortable with an open and transparent work environment.
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of sound judgement and confidentiality.
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing samples to email@example.com
Bezos Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity
Location: Seattle, Washington
Reports to: Senior Manager - Communications
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.