Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities (TFN)
TFN will be the leading resource in philanthropy for interdisciplinary and transformative thinking and action that gives all people the opportunity to live in more environmentally sustainable, socially equitable, and economically prosperous regions and communities.
To inspire, strengthen, and expand funding and philanthropic leadership that yield environmentally sustainable, socially equitable, and economically prosperous regions and communities.
Members of the Funders’ Network include corporate, private, and community foundations and intermediaries. The Network is supported by contributions from its members. Members are at the core of the Network, but the TFN staff maintains contacts with key nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and private sector groups. TFN’s core office is located in Coral Gables. TFN field staff and contractors live and work in regions across the United States. This position will be based in the Coral Gables office.
Summary of Job Functions:
The position is responsible for performing a variety of communications services for the organization. The Communications Manager is responsible for providing leadership in designing and executing a strategic communications agenda to advance the vision and mission of TFN.
The Communications Manager will improve internal and external communications and systems at TFN. Job duties will include the following responsibilities:
• Developing and improving internal and external communications strategies and practices.
• Managing TFN’s social media presence and strategy (including a weekly blog digest) and assisting the CEO and staff team with the appropriate use of social media.
• Preparing stories about the activities and impact of TFN members and the Network itself for various audiences (members, staff, board of directors, funders, nonprofits, media and others).
• Managing the production of publications and other media on behalf of the organization, including a monthly e-newsletter.
• Assisting with the implementation of systems, including contact management and knowledge management, and coordinating efforts to improve information management processes.
• Improving and managing TFN’s website.
• Staffing and supporting the volunteer Communications Task Force, composed of representatives from TFN member organizations and the board of directors.
• Representing the organization at events and working to enhance coordination and collaboration with other organizations to maximize mutual benefit from these relationships.
• Related responsibilities and special projects as required.
• Reports to the President and CEO.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities that would allow someone to excel in the position.
This may include:
• Undergraduate degree and relevant graduate school and/or work experience;
• Superior organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
• The ability to think both abstractly and concretely, including comfort with ambiguity while still accomplishing meaningful results;
• The ability to condense complicated issues to simple summaries that can be understood by a variety of constituents;
• Demonstrated excellence in proof-reading and document production;
• Experience accomplishing goals within a timeframe and within budget, which may include managing consultants and vendors;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (familiarity and comfort with design programs is a plus);
• Familiarity with Expression Engine or other website platforms is a plus;
• Flexible and collegial disposition and ability to work effectively with people with a range of backgrounds, experiences and cultures;
• Experience in professional office environments (familiarity with philanthropic and nonprofit sector preferred);
• Ability to travel up to several times a year;
• Entrepreneurial spirit and high energy level; and
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities with good humor.
Excellent benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, 401(k) matching contributions, vacation, sick leave, and generous holiday schedules. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail application materials to Ashley Quintana at [email protected] The subject line should read: Communications Manager. Please attach the following application materials to your e-mail:
• A cover letter that explains: 1) how your skills and experiences are a fit for the duties and qualifications of the position; and 2) why you are motivated to work for the Funders’ Network.
The position will be open until filled.
The Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities is an equal opportunity employer and seeks applicants who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with