Women Donors Network (WDN) is a community of progressive women who multiply their energy, their strategic savvy, and their philanthropic dollars to build a more just and fair world. We are seeking a communications intern to work with our small staff team in support of our organizational goals. This is a professional development opportunity for college students interested in gaining experience in the nonprofit sector in the field of social justice philanthropy.
The internship will cover various aspects of WDN's strategic communications work for social change, including leveraging our unique brand in public relations work, blogging for our website, and building out our social media footprint.
- Produce postings for WDN's Twitter and Facebook pages
- Develop blog posts and reports on current issues or program activities, including summaries of WDN webinars or in-person events
- Support the marketing of our annual conference and other major programs through communications updates and outreach
- Special projects as needed
Requirements of the Position:
- Must be currently enrolled in a local college or university or be a recent graduate (within 6 months)
- Excellent writer, with a knack for journalistic style
- Social media savvy, particularly Twitter and Facebook
- Experience managing social media for an organization a plus
- Experience with (or interest in learning) using Facebook and Google ads to build our social media presence a plus
- Interest in working with a nonprofit community
- Commitment to progressive values and interest in WDN's areas of work
- Enthusiastic collaborator, being responsible and communicative is a must
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and internet research
- Photo and/or video editing skills a plus
Schedule & Duration of Internship
- Six-month internship, beginning mid-August. Exact start date to be determined with supervisor.
- Interns must be able to dedicate 10 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
- Flexible schedule, with a minimum commitment of two days per week in WDN's office in downtown San Francisco.
This is a paid position, with an hourly rate of $16/hour, for up to 10 hours per week.
How to Apply
To apply for this internship, please submit the following materials to Laurel Potter Huerta, at [email protected]:
- Current resume and cover letter summarizing your interest and relevant experience
- Names of two references with contact information
- Brief writing sample (for example: a report for a college class, a blogpost, or examples of your social media work)
Materials should be submitted in PDF format. Please include Your Name – Communications Internship in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applications accepted until the position is filled. First round of interviews expected to take place the first week of August. No calls, please.
WDN is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application
Be the first to comment
Sign in with