The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping young children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition-age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to alleviate human suffering. In 2016, the Humanitarian Prize was awarded to The Task Force for Global Health, an international, nonprofit organization that works to improve health of people most in need, primarily in developing countries. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.5 billion in grants, distributing $109 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2016. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.6 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
About the Role
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Assistant Communications Manager and is responsible for the daily operations, coordination of workflow and project management for the Communications department. This position serves as the liaison between Communications team members as well as with other departments within the Foundation and external partners, to keep everyone on track of workflow. Specifically, works with all departments on the Foundation’s communication activities, including internal and external publications, the website, writing and/or editing official Foundation documents, and special projects, as needed.
Administrative/Project Management – 35%
- Maintains communications calendar and coordinate meetings to keep communications team on track of workflow and projects.
- Monitors incoming emails, respond to inquiries and requests.
- Coordinates meeting logistics including agendas, materials, refreshments, technical needs, etc.
- Manages and update Foundation contact database and mailing lists.
- Tracks and update communications budget.
- Reviews and process invoices, credit card bills and travel reimbursement forms related to the Communications Department.
- Assists with creation of Foundation brochure and other printed materials.
- Works with designers, photographers, and printers.
- Undertakes projects and other duties as assigned.
Social Media – 35%
- Assists the Communications team and other departments to maintain and increase the Foundation’s and President/CEO’s presence on social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Manages social media content calendar.
- Assists with social media monitoring.
- Programs content using third-party software and post updates when needed.
- Coordinates content across platforms, while ensuring consistency.
- Assists with video production.
Content Development and Maintenance – 30%
- Edits website content and post time-sensitive material.
- Assists with developing e-newsletters to share new content with the Foundation’s networks. Coordinate with other departments to keep track of revisions.
- Works with colleagues in other departments to develop editorial content for the website.
- Assists in writing, editing, and proofreading official Foundation documents and collaterals.
- Edits materials for Board members and meetings.
- Organizes the Foundation's digital photo archive, historic photos and videos in the digital asset management system.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent with emphasis in English, communications, marketing, journalism, and/or computer science preferred.
- Passion for the Foundation’s humanitarian mission
- Strong interest in the Foundation's priorities, goals and operations.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills; ability to think strategically to achieve goals.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multitask, organize and prioritize to stay within budget and on deadline.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in producing high quality work.
- Ability to develop collaborative work relationships, internally and externally, to achieve effective outcomes.
- At least 3 years relevant experience, preferably within a communications or public relations firm, or a nonprofit organization.
- Basic budget and accounting knowledge, including expense tracking and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Intermediate knowledge of photo and video equipment for basic photo and video shoots.
- Knowledge of HTML, web content management systems, and Salesforce CRM a plus.
- Experience with video production and photography a plus.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts a plus.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary and incentive commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to the Talent and Culture department at [email protected] Please note “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.