Rose Community Foundation is seeking a talented Communications and Outreach Associate to strategically utilize digital platforms and social media channels to highlight the organization and its grantees, amplify the Foundation’s thought leadership on key issues, and promote a culture of philanthropy. The ideal candidate will bring a creative perspective on communications, a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and relevant professional communications experience.
About Rose Community Foundation
Rose Community Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life of the Greater Denver community through leadership, grantmaking and donor engagement – stewarding philanthropic resources and investing in strategic and innovative solutions to enduring challenges and emerging issues. Since its founding in 1995, the Foundation has granted more than $287 million to organizations and initiatives focused on Aging, Child and Family Development, Education, Health and Jewish Life in seven-county Greater Denver. In 2017, the Foundation added a cross-programmatic community action overlay of support for nonprofit organizations serving immigrants, refugees and communities vulnerable to discrimination and hate crimes.
Rose Community Foundation values diversity, equity and inclusion. The Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunities and prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by state or local law.
- Collaborate with the communications team to produce high-quality strategies, messages and content for the blog, website, social media, and more.
- Identify storytelling opportunities across the Foundation, research and obtain information needed to complete projects and adapt messaging for different audiences and mediums.
- Exhibit excellent strategic judgement, creativity and know-how in utilizing a variety of communications tools and techniques.
- Work strategically to grow the Foundation’s digital presence, track project-related data and analytics and report on what worked and what could be improved.
- Help to update and maintain constituent database records.
- Support the Foundation’s mission and purpose, demonstrating an interest in social issues and a passion for the power of strategic communications to contribute to social change.
- Provide communications technical assistance and training to staff as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional and life experience is required along with a minimum of two years of work experience in marketing, communications, journalism or a relevant field.
- Technologically adept and forward-thinking, and a multi-channel communicator with expertise across digital, social and traditional platforms. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, website editing applications, and Google Tools.
- Proven track record of communicating complex ideas to a variety of audiences and diverse communities.
- A proven ability to help manage complex projects from beginning to end, meeting high- quality standards and deadlines and maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Creativity and a strong grasp of what makes compelling and actionable content.
Additional skills preferred
- Experience working in or with the nonprofit or philanthropic sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the Greater Denver community.
- Experience executing, measuring and evaluating communications activities or campaigns, including digital or online campaigns.
- Experience working with email marketing tools, CRM and database systems and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Basic graphic design, photography, and videography skills a plus.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude and a good sense of humor. The Associate will be a good listener and a respectful communicator. The Associate will be team-oriented and self-motivated, with a drive to achieve results and to support others with trust and collaboration. Experience working with diverse populations, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds is important to us.
The Associate will be flexible, open to new ideas and approaches, self-aware, and empathetic, consistently demonstrating a growth mindset and approaching work with passion, humor and humility. The Associate will operate from a place of gratitude with a desire to serve the Rose Community Foundation constituents including staff, board, grantees and donors, and also to serve the Greater Denver community by advancing the Foundation’s work and mission. The Associate must be a relationship-builder, fostering positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders while maintaining discretion, professionalism, and confidentiality.
The Communications and Outreach Associate reports to the Vice President of Communications and Outreach. The communications team also includes a Communications and Outreach Manager, with whom this position will partner closely. This position does not have administrative support.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary in the range of $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with background, experience and sector benchmarks. Rose Community Foundation currently offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision and life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan (including an annual employer contribution after one year of employment), paid time off including holidays, professional development opportunities and a matching gift program.
How to Apply
Submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 30, 2019. Interested candidates should email their cover letter, résumé and salary requirement to: Search Committee at email@example.com with the subject line “Communications and Outreach Associate.” No phone calls or additional email messages, please.