The Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of a Communications Officer. This role is ideal for a seasoned communications professional to create and implement communications strategies that further our organizational goals. This role brings opportunity for brand management, stakeholder engagement and development of various types of compelling content necessary for multi-channel outreach that aligns with our mission to improve the health of Coloradans. Applicants should be highly skilled writers and demonstrate passion for the power of communications to influence and move people to action toward health equity in Colorado.
At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
- We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
- We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
- We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
Ideal candidates will underscore our mission and cornerstones in all you do at the Foundation.
The position requires
- Demonstrated experience, of at least five years, in developing and implementing successful strategic communications in support of organizational goals.
- Demonstrated experience, of at least five years, in varying types of writing, including simplifying complex information and thinking from an audience-first perspective. Candidates will need to take a writing test.
- Demonstrated experience, of at least five years, in effective audience identification and engagement.
- Advanced proficiency in AP style, proofreading and copyediting.
- The ability to effectively multitask and manage projects on your own
- The ability to work collaboratively on the Communications team and advise cross-functionally in the development and implementation of strategic communications.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgement and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Demonstrated passion for learning and diligence for hard work.
- A deep understanding of the communities we serve, including Coloradans living on low income, communities of color and/or and neighborhoods or regions that face equity issues (experience may be professional in nature or personal). A commitment to creating equitable communications that ensure we are inclusive, diverse and inherently focused on creating health equity through all we do.
- Eagerness, proactivity, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- The ability to quickly and efficiently develop content that meets project and deadline requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of email marketing and social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to advance communications efforts.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience in Adobe Creative Suite.
- The ability to travel and be available outside of regular business hours for events.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing/communications, nonprofit management, technology or a related area is required.
- Experience engaging Spanish speakers is a plus.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Interested candidates may submit their resumes and cover letters on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website (www.coloradohealth.org).
This position closes June 9, 2019
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.