Arabella Advisors is seeking an individual passionate about technology who enjoys streamlining processes and explaining the why/how of technology to those less technically-inclined. Our ideal candidate has strong skills in software administration, project management, and client service, and is an organized, detail-oriented, and highly motivated self-starter. The Client Technology Associate will manage existing and implement new technology platforms that Arabella Advisors offers to our nonprofit clients, which host hundreds of charitable projects domestically and abroad. The person in this role will engage with some of the most innovative donor-driven initiatives in the social sector.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About the Managed Nonprofit Organizations
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including the New Venture Fund, the Windward Fund, and the Hopewell Fund—all 501(c)(3) public charities—and the Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4).These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
Candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview.
Technology Management (65%)
- Serve as administrator for all client-facing technology platforms used by the Managed Organizations team, including its client portal, online fundraising, expense reimbursement and vendor payment systems
- Implement improvements to existing client-facing technologies to ensure organization provides excellent client service and lowers cost of doing business
- Manage relationships with client-facing technology vendors (Concur, online fundraising platforms, etc.)
- Develop and manage feedback processes and tools for client-facing technology platforms
- Research, evaluate and manage implementation of new client-facing technologies in coordination with the IT Director and other team members to ensure best-in-class client service and lower cost of doing business
- Research, evaluate and manage implementation of cyber-security initiatives including but not limited to password management, phishing prevention, and secure document storage
Training and Support (35%)
- Train Managed Organizations internal staff and project employees on client-facing technologies, systems, processes, and data security
- Develop and update user manuals and internal process guides
- Create tutorials for technologies, systems, and processes
- Manage incoming tickets and resolve or assign as necessary
- Consistently meet established customer service standards
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience in technology, business analysis, and/or project management roles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and resourcefulness in problem solving
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills - ability to manage multiple demands, projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced level of technology proficiency
- Experience or interest in philanthropy, nonprofits, foundation operations and management
- Exposure to the field of cyber security or experience with implementing data security policies
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in technology, mathematics, business, finance or other related field
- Experience with SharePoint, Salesforce, SQL, Tableau, Excel, etc.
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address: 1) your client management experience and philosophy; 2) your supervisory experience; and 3) how this job fits with your career path. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Please apply via link below: