UpMetrics empowers community-impact organizations and philanthropic funding sources to be more data-driven and maximize their impact. Thanks to our real-time impact analytics platform and expert client services team, our partners can effectively collect, analyze, and learn from data to make informed decisions, build capacity, and tell their stories. We believe in the transformative power of our partners and our vision is to close the opportunity gap by matching capital to quality programs.
We are looking for a high-energy relationship builder and strategic civic connector to join our mission-driven team as a Client Manager for Foundation accounts. The role combines creating impact with our clients and delivering business results through retention and expansion. Success in this position requires both a passion for building customer relationships that deliver long-term value on both sides, and a solid understanding of Foundations stakeholders and dynamics. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to play a critical role in transforming the philanthropic sector’s approach to impact evaluation, by acting as a trusted advisor and knowledge broker for a portfolio of clients.
- Lead all phases of the post-purchase client journey from onboarding to value realization to renewal and expansion.
- Develop, execute, and maintain strategic account plans to drive quality relationships, adoption, retention, and overall client impact and success.
- Be a trusted advisor and have a complete understanding of your client’s impact goals, data collection approaches, and metrics needed for success.
- Build a deep understanding of our products and the different impact verticals (education, public health, affordable housing, etc.) to help clients leverage the full value of UpMetrics.
- Design and run sessions to help clients define their goals, impact frameworks, and data collection strategies, from small groups to larger convenings with multiple foundations grantees.
- Build community among clients and facilitate introductions in the sector as appropriate.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, implementation, support and executive leadership to deliver the best experience to clients along their journey.
- Serve as the “voice of the client” internally to help drive the product roadmap.
- Previous experience in client-facing roles (strategic partnerships, consulting, professional services, client success management, or key strategic account management).
- 3+ years of experience working at or with private and public Foundations (community, corporate, family).
- Experience working at or with nonprofits.
- Ability to utilize data to measure and track impact, including previous experience using data to make decisions in the nonprofit sector and familiarity with common data collection methods and tools
- Experience working in a SaaS environment strongly preferred; a deep interest in the technology user experience is required
- Demonstrated capacity to identify and build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders at executive levels.
- Track record of exceeding growth targets, including retention goals and revenue goals.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Quick learner, able to fully grasp high-level concepts as well as technological details.
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and execution-oriented.
- Readiness to help test and improve team processes.
- Highly self-motivated and able to own multiple projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment while working remotely.
- Experience with CRM and project management tools (e.g. Salesforce, Asana, Google Apps).
- Bachelor's degree or requisite experience in a related field.
Our company values influence everything we do, from our work inside the office to how we choose our partners:
- Team First -- Collaboration is key. We celebrate each other’s strengths and respect varying backgrounds and views. We value everyone’s input.
- Client Focused -- Our work is personal. Many of us have direct experience working in the field and are deeply passionate about what we do. We take a partner approach with all our clients.
- Show Integrity -- We are open, honest, ethical, and fair. We expect integrity from the team internally and the people we choose to partner with.
- Reflect and Improve -- We are a data company always looking to get better. We test often, iterate, and look closely at metrics to build capacity and inform decisions.
- Let's Go! -- Never settle for the status quo. In uncharted territory, we take ownership and strive for excellence. We work hard but have fun while we are doing it.
Compensation & Benefits
- $90-120K annual salary based on experience
- Additional variable compensation
- Equity incentive plan
- Health insurance for employees and family
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid family leave
- Fun offsites and annual retreat
- Outstanding team and meaningful work
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org