About Next Level Boston
Next Level Boston’s mission is to eliminate barriers to opportunity, one investment at a time, by connecting the organizations leading change with the resources they need to thrive. We partner with these leaders—providing sustained financial support and access to the Next Level community of experts, donors and supporters—enabling them to advance further and faster in achieving their intended impact.
Next Level Boston’s model is based on collaboration and deep engagement. We conduct rigorous due diligence, working in partnership with Boston’s leading social impact incubators, accelerators, funders, and other community leaders to find the organizations best positioned to make a significant impact. Then, we bring together a network of donors, experts, and other supporters to work in concert with one another in supplying the resources these organizations need to succeed.
With the network’s strategic, timely and sustained support, these organizations build the capacity needed for scale and greater impact. Through this coordinated effort and deep investment in greater Boston’s strongest programs, we elevate our collective ability to drive change, improve lives, and transform our communities.
About the Position
Next Level Boston is seeking a highly competent, mission-driven, and flexible social impact leader, with a track record of making things happen, to serve as Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO will be an integral member of NLB’s entrepreneurial leadership team. This is a part-time position (20 hours/week). Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
Strategic Leadership (15%)
- Contribute to the development of NLB’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Develop and implement an appropriate system of policies and procedures to ensure organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process
- Manage key relationships with outside accountant, legal counsel, etc.
- Provide analytical support to NLB’s Board and CEO including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Ensure organization’s proper adherence to local, state, and federal requirements and registrations
Portfolio Management (50%)
- Cultivate relationships with deal flow partners and proactively develop a diverse pipeline of grantee candidates
- Oversee due diligence process, conduct pipeline research
- Actively support grantees and facilitate high impact engagements with NLB pro bono partners
- Work with grantees to determine, monitor, and report on grantee performance outcomes
- Direct NLB communications strategy, including:
- Develop and maintain NLB website content
- Development of other communications collateral, as needed (e.g. impact report, informational brochures, video, etc.)
- Inspired by and fully committed to support Next Level Boston’s mission
- 15+ years' experience in the nonprofit or philanthropy sector, operations and/or communications experience strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of and connections within greater Boston’s social impact ecosystem
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Schedule: This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week
- Anticipated start date: Flexible
- Location: Greater Boston, MA. Most work will be done remotely, with in-person training and regular in-person meetings
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to Darcy Brownell at [email protected]
Be the first to comment
Sign in with