Join an internationally-acclaimed arts organization at a pivotal time in its growth. Celebrating 37 years, Alonzo King LINES Ballet is part of the cultural fabric of San Francisco and known around the globe for its impact on shaping the future of ballet and dance education. Founded by visionary choreographer Alonzo King, the organization has been recognized for its world-premiere performances featuring unique collaborations and transformative education programs that nurture creativity, self-discovery, empathy, and risk-taking.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Development, Educational Programs, Finance, and Marketing.
We are looking for a mission-focused, seasoned, strategic, and process-minded leader with experience leading teams, managing a budget, and developing a performance culture among a group of talented individuals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and departments, leveraging cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Strategic partner to Creative and Artistic Directors (Founder and Co-Founder), working closely together on key initiatives and decisions.
Team Development and Management
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain a high-performing senior management team, including a Director of Development, Director of Educational Programs, Director of Marketing, and Director of Finance
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- With the Board and Finance Director, manage the annual budget and financial strategies of ALKB. Oversee the management of cash flow and ensure the most effective use of financial resources to support AKLB’s mission and growth
- Ensure AKLB is adhering to a strategic plan, delivering status reports to the board. Work with the board of directors, presenting at quarterly and committee meetings
- High level of business acumen including track record (3+ years) of successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget
- Superior management skills with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high-performing teams. Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, board of directors, and staff
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
Please send a cover letter and resume to Carolyn.Chatham@linesballet.org with COO in the email subject line.
Alonzo King LINES Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position open until filled.