Building off the success of 100&Change, MacArthur’s breakthrough $100 million competition, Lever for Change helps philanthropists source vetted, high-impact philanthropic opportunities and connects those opportunities to significant amounts of philanthropic capital. Lever for Change does this through either managing customized competitions or by matching philanthropists with the top vetted proposals from such competitions in a searchable online database of solutions. Through a rigorous, open, and transparent approach, Lever for Change aims to inspire philanthropists to dramatically increase their giving by helping them source and identify the most promising ideas that will significantly impact the issues they care about most.
The Chief of Operations is responsible for the day-to-day personnel management and operational functions of Lever for Change. The Chief of Operations is a member of the leadership team and reports to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the daily operations of Lever for Change
- Design and deliver an overview of Lever for Change and the field to new employees
- Provide ongoing analysis of the business model and recommend changes and pivots to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization
- Collaborate with the CEO and leadership team to develop, refine, and implement the strategic plan and related operating plans ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Lever for Change’s core mission and key initiatives are achieved
- Coordinate and orchestrate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, creating and monitoring the budget, and ensuring that sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff
- Monitor adherence to, and enforcement of, policies and procedures
- Create effective management reporting systems for the board, CEO, leadership team, and others, as required, to provide key financial and performance metrics against milestones and goals
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization, facilitate cross-departmental collaboration; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment
- Foster a positive environment for staff participation, collaboration, and success (e.g., availability; open communications; shared expectations; respect; mentoring; and support)
- Manage and coordinate assignments for award managers and support staff
- Bargain contracts and provide oversight of external vendors and consultants
- Create effective management reporting systems for board, investors, and others, as required, to provide key financial and performance against milestones and goals
- Provide leadership of special CEO- initiated projects
- Provide advice to the CEO and senior leadership team on the impact of new programs/strategies, revenue opportunities, and other operational business decisions
- Perform other duties as assigned
The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The work environment is an office setting. Intermittent physical activities will include bending, reaching, sitting, and walking during working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with physical disabilities to perform the job.
- Advanced degree or equivalent relevant experience; MBA or MPA preferred
- Nonprofit experience in a related leadership position and/or experience in delivery of services to high-net- worth clients
- Financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Demonstration of sound fiscal management, including experience developing and administering budgets, operational, and strategic plans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Able to concurrently think strategically, manage, be hands-on, and pay attention to details
- Proven track record of a high level of performance and achieving objectives
- Must have a broad intellectual capacity, curiosity, and passion for an eclectic range of issues and subjects across the broadest array of areas, including those not yet defined
- Service attitude and understanding of the importance of providing support to make the operations of a company run smoothly
- Computer literate, with a high level of comfort with new applications.
- Must be willing and able to travel occasionally
- Prior experience with a start-up organization, either for-profit or non-profit
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; a persuasive negotiator able to achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
Please apply online through our online portal.
Be the first to comment
Sign in with