About the CEO Opportunity
Family Bridges is looking for a dynamic and seasoned leader who can help usher the organization through its next phase of evolution continuing the momentum of growth and innovation. Reporting to a diverse and seasoned board of directors the CEO will oversee the strategic direction and growth of the organization. Strong business acumen and aptitude for innovation will be essential in partnering with the board to develop and drive strategies which serve community needs and diversify the organization’s revenue stream.
The CEO will manage an experienced and tenured senior leadership team. Our ideal candidate is someone who has unquestioned integrity; a long-term perspective; a strong sense of accountability; a practical ability to get things done; wisdom and good judgment; a fair and thoughtful approach to management, combined with the flexibility and courage to shift direction and experiment with new initiatives; excellent verbal and written communication skills; a high energy level and sense of humor.
About Family Bridges
Family Bridges, Inc. is a multi-service health and human services non-profit organization that has been serving the Asian American community in the East Bay for over 50 years. We serve approximately 10,000 clients a year– principally monolingual and LEP speaking, moderate-to-low income, East Bay residents. Our programs include: Community-Based Adult Services Centers, Senior Centers, a Friendly Visitors program, a Social Services program, a Child Care Center and a Community Health Home.
The mission of Family Bridges, Inc. is to empower the most vulnerable– the young, the elderly, immigrants, those with health conditions, and those with limited English proficiency (LEP), especially in the Asian community– to lead self-sufficient, independent lives. Our services are open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life. And because we specialize in aiding the Asian community, most Family Bridges staff members and volunteers have bilingual language capacity in Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, or Vietnamese.
Family Bridges has a staff of 160 and a budget of over nine million dollars. Its support comes from government agencies, private foundations, and individuals.
Start Date: Consideration of candidates will begin in March 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is December 2019 (or as negotiated).
The major responsibilities of this position include developing, driving and leading organizational strategies and activities to achieve community impact and resource development. In addition the CEO is responsible for overall strategic and organization management.
Full job description is available at https://www.familybridges.org/jobs/
- 7-10 years experience in a Senior Strategic Leadership required. Experience or employment in Community and Public Health and/or managed care preferred.
- Substantial experience working in the nonprofit sector and interacting with volunteers and diverse boards.
- Success in the management of organizations of comparable size and mission.
- Expertise on issues relevant to the organization including but not limited to:
experience in providing services to monolingual/asian immigrants, seniors, children, individuals with challenging needs;
understanding MedicAid/MediCal policies and experience in managed care with advocacy for beneficiaries.
- Ability to command the confidence and respect of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including strong writing and presentation skills.
- A track record of promoting diversity and an ability to build collaboration with the community at large.
- Experience in or across multiple sectors, including nonprofit, public and corporate environments.
- Experience in developing partnerships, building teams and conflict management.
- Demonstrated experience in building revenue and increasing philanthropic support.
- Experience in developing major programs from scratch.
- Must demonstrate a high level of intelligence and intellectual curiosity and a desire to explore new ideas and innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Education Background: Undergraduate degree required. Training, experience or advanced degree preferred in business, public administration, or nonprofit management. Experience for 7-10 years in a senior Strategic Role required, five years in the role may substitute for an advanced degree. Five years in a senior leadership role may substitute for an advanced degree. Experience or employment in Community and Public Health and/or managed care preferred.
Salary: Starting range $150k+ DOE
Please email your resume, a cover letter and your available start date to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include as the subject line: CEO Position_Your Last Name.
Family Bridges, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age or disability.