About Boston Rescue Mission
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our Residential Recovery programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing.
Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To help establish respect and acceptance. Responsible for understanding and consistently implementing program guidelines as a means of securing a clean, sober, safe, non-judgmental environment for program participants. Provide support, limit setting, and conflict resolution, thereby securing and safeguarding therapeutic boundaries for program participants.
- Maintain positive, productive working relationships with BRM staff, volunteers, and others who may have contact with case management programs. Work efficiently with other team members in problem solving and implementing team decisions.
- Properly screen, intake and admit clients to appropriate case management programs. Maintain and communicate necessary statistics and program information to the appropriate supervisor.
- Facilitate, implement, and at times may be called upon to supervise aspects of group therapy. Demonstrate proficiency in all areas of group therapy (Community/business meetings, insight oriented therapy, and didactic group treatment).
- Available to represent the Mission at special events. To interface with other human service agencies and institutions (schools, hospitals, detoxes, etc.). This is for the purpose of education and collaboration.
- Report to and are accountable to respective directors and the Executive Vice President of Programming.
- Provide the following services to their clients:
- Identify and define individual medical, mental health, substance abuse, employment, legal and other needs a client may have.
- Provide referrals and support services to all clients as they participate in program activities.
- Coordinate and implement discharge planning.
- Document and record all aspects of case management services that have been provided, utilizing the SOAP format. The Case Manager is to see that all required forms and documents are properly completed.
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Programs
Time requirements: Full-time or Part-time
Bachelor’s Degree (Masters preferred) in Social work or equivalent with at least two years experience in screening, mentoring and discipleship, 12 steps programs, group dynamics and working directly with homeless individuals. An ability to function in cross-cultural settings and to be a role model, with openness to the vision of the Boston Rescue Mission and a compassionate heart for the urban poor.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full time employees include: health & dental insurance (78% employer-paid), pre-tax commuter benefits, generous paid vacation and holidays, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Mike Way: [email protected] Please put in the subject line: Case Manager
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.