You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
The Business Analytics Manager is integral to our business development team by providing oversight to our revenue integrity and training of our Salesforce “superusers” across the firm. This person will balance an analytical mindset with a proficiency to train and communicate with staff of all levels – from senior executives to assistants. This person will create and execute training modules for our Sales Enablement team and will support and meaningfully inform the firm’s growth trajectory.
To succeed at this position, the candidate should have significant experience in Salesforce, the ability to translate revenue data into actionable insights, and exceptional training skills for an eager team. Comfort in Salesforce, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and working in a collaborative team structure will be key.
Business Intelligence and Analysis (~60%)
- Develop and provide reporting and drive regular data analyses via Salesforce to inform the efforts of the Business Development team
- Oversee revenue information at the individual, regional team, and firmwide level to ensure data accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of pipeline and forecast information
- Manage critical developments and enhancements to Salesforce dashboards and reports for analysis purposes
- Develop and provide necessary reports on business pipelines and sales forecasts to support decision-making about firmwide strategic initiatives and investments
- Identify and track business development metrics, such as activity against targets and manage various dashboards and special views for data presentations
- Proactively develop and provide key stakeholders with regular revenue updates to note progress in key performance areas and identify/flag areas of lagging performance or concern
- Oversee BD contact management initiatives and mass uploads into Salesforce for sales and marketing purposes
Training and Capacity Building (~40%)
- Partner with Director of Sales Enablement to design and develop training materials to ensure BD personnel can effectively generate revenue
- Ensure all new BD hires, special assistants, and other BD-specific staff are trained on effective use of CRM system, Salesforce
- Create and update guidance materials (e.g. step-by-step user guides, webinars, training decks, FAQ documents) to ensure that the Business Development team and other internal stakeholders have a clear, simple, and well communicated set of ways to use Salesforce effectively
- Serve as primary Sales Enablement team liaison and point of contact for internal partnerships with Finance, HR, IT, and Arabella’s lines of business for anything related to firm or team revenue reports
- Identify and recommend necessary Salesforce enhancements for business development efficiency
- Serve as Salesforce “super user” to manage ad hoc revenue data requests, contact management needs, training, and questions from all internal teams
- Investigate and identify new technologies and tools that have the potential to improve Sales Enablement and Business Development team effectiveness and efficiency
- Contribute to design of BD protocols and processes to ensure efficient business intake systems
- Proactively solicit feedback from internal stakeholders to continually improve BD process
- Capture and document external and internal leading practices around sales effectiveness
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Skilled trainer and communicator
- Comfort in working with data and managing up
- Experience with the sales cycle and Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to propose and implement enhancements to business systems and processes
- Strong command of Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Passion for and curiosity about the social sector/nonprofit work
- Curious, desire to learn and do so quickly
- Ability to work independently and to run with requests
- Strong communications skills
- 4-5 years of professional experience
- BA/BS required
Our Core Competencies:
- Ability to provide excellent service to clients, including being able to diagnose and anticipate difficult service challenges, provide proactive and effective client-centered solutions, pass along service lessons to teammates, and demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s perspective
- The ability to effectively manage projects, proactively problem solve, and ensure quality control
- A high level of emotional intelligence and the ability to use that intelligence to appropriately adapt to stakeholders’ needs
- The ability to effectively help communicate complex and nuanced messages to a variety of audiences, including adapting style, tone and content to meet various needs
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including supporting efforts that promote a safe and welcoming culture, providing timely and constructive feedback, and highlighting and sharing significant and new knowledge across the team
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team learning, including a willingness to request feedback and incorporate it to improve individual performance and to seek out and participate in career-relevant learning activities
- The ability to take ownership and be creative and solutions-oriented when encountering challenges that don’t have obvious answers, including the ability to solve challenges independently
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online at Arabella Advisors. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will revew applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.