Are you passionate about building a more equitable society? If so, consider joining Pacific Community Ventures as our Business Advising Program Manager. Our innovative business advising program combines a “match.com” like approach with a high touch personal service to connect small business owners across the country with pro-bono advisors who can help them overcome their biggest challenges. We’re looking for highly organized strategic thinker to work with our Business Advising team to (1) ensure we deliver a high-quality experience to all our program participants; (2) manage and grow our small business owner and advisor communities; (3) deliver on our partnership goals so that we can propel the impact of our work.
Who We Are
Pacific Community Ventures envisions a world of thriving communities where everyone has a fair shake. Our mission is to invest in small businesses, create good jobs for working people, and make markets work for social good. We achieve our mission through a combination of fair lending, free mentorship, skilled volunteerism, impact investment consulting services, and field-building research. PCV serves communities left behind by traditional banking and entrepreneurial services, including women, people of color and residents of low- to moderate-income communities.
Why You’re Needed
Since PCV is a dynamic, growing nonprofit social enterprise, we need a highly organized, self-starting, data-driven, program manager to drive and optimize the experience of the small business owners we serve and the pro-bono advisors we recruit. We’re seeking for someone with outstanding time and team management skills who is passionate about economic and community development.
This position reports to the Director of our Business Advising program and oversees our team of part time relationship managers, making sure we provide the best possible experience to our community members and maximize the impact our program’s work.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic professional who thrives on collaboration and is passionate about business as a force for social good.
Manage day-to-day program activities, delivering on program goals and optimizing our members’ experience:
- Work with relationship management team to ensure the success of the small business owner- advisor relationships we facilitate
- Coordinate with data team members to track, manage and report key performance indicators
- Utilize data and member stories to put together reports that showcase the impact of our work
- Implement, monitor and report on partnership initiatives
Grow and cultivate our community of small business owners and advisors:
- Optimize end-to-end member experience for both small business owners and advisors
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications Director to design and deliver communication campaigns that keep our members engaged
- Recruit program participants via marketing and awareness campaigns in collaboration with marketing and communication director
- Represent PCV at various small business community events
Manage our team of part-time relationship managers:
- Lead team while monitoring the program’s key performance indicators and adjusting team activities accordingly
- Cultivate a mission-driven culture within program team
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience managing a team (including remote team members, a plus)
- Familiarity with business terminology
- Interest in economic development, community development and/or entrepreneurship
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously; highly organized
- Self-starter with lots of initiative who thrives on collaborating with multiple team members.
- Experience working with small businesses and/or small business organizations, a plus
- Data-driven mindset, a plus
- Spanish speaker, a plus
- College degree or equivalent experience
As an organization committed to creating good jobs, we walk the talk. We provide excellent benefits for full-time employees, including full health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings accounts with a generous match which is fully vested immediately, and ample paid time off and holidays.
To apply for this position, send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please include the title of Program Manager in the subject of your email.
We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. PCV is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.