The Katie McGrath & JJ Abrams Family Foundation is looking to hire an Assistant. The position will be located at Bad Robot Productions.
- Provide administrative support to the Family Foundation’s Executive Director, including filing request materials, tracking requests in the Foundation database, vetting requests, communicating with applicants and grantees, stewarding grants, and maintaining grant records.
- Maintain the Foundation’s calendar, including events, meetings, and deadlines.
- Schedule meetings and prepare meeting briefs for the Executive Director as requested.
- Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed, including researching the current landscape for the Foundation’s strategic priority areas and researching the current philanthropic and political landscape.
- Represent the Foundation at select philanthropic events as requested.
- Attend, take notes on, and track tasks arising out of weekly meetings with Foundation team.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS degree required and a minimum two years of work experience in relevant philanthropic or administrative position.
- Strong interest in social justice, philanthropy, and politics with a curiosity for understanding the root causes behind current affairs and social challenges.
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to turn tasks around quickly and without error.
- Outstanding time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work enthusiastically and with exceptional professionalism in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong command of Word, Excel & PowerPoint, as well as familiarity with project management tools (AirTable experience is a plus).
- Knowledge of Los Angeles’ social and cultural landscape preferred.
- Experience with Fluxx or similar grant management databases is preferred.
Please follow instructions online: https://airtable.com/shreVZoWxhL7o16nP
Do you like this post?