The Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village (ASYV) is a safe and structured residential community for orphaned children in Rwanda. The Village is a place of hope, where traumatized youth can "dry their tears" (Agahozo) and "live in peace" (Shalom).
Within this caring environment, youth who have been through great trauma have a home and a community, as well as a place to learn and become leaders for tomorrow. The youth who live and learn at ASYV will grow into healthy adults who are not only able to care for themselves and their families, but who are also committed to making their community, their country, and indeed the world a better place.
Supports all activities of the Board of Directors and its committees and builds systems to create and implement Board and committee strategies.
System development and implementation
- Create systems to maximize impact of the Board
- Work with organizational leadership to implement strategies for each committee, including the fulfillment of the Rwandan Advisory Committee
- Coordinate meetings of the Board and its committees
- Manage all aspects of Board and committee meetings, including lists, timelines, schedules, agendas, minute taking and circulation, logistics, RSVPs, and technology;
- Compile and manage historic and ongoing minutes of the Board and committees in accordance with governance best practices
- Manage the logistics, including travel, meals, hotels, etc for annual Board retreat
- Manage all administrative aspects of Board member onboarding and membership, including Board Book, forms, and legal disclosures
- Serve as liaison to the Board
- Manage Board prospecting material communication
- Track Board membership and fundraising in Raiser’s Edge
- Support the general work of Development staff, including gift entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and two years of administrative or development experience
- Skills with Microsoft Office suite, experience with a database system (Raiser’s Edge a plus), and interest in learning new software
- Experience in Board or donor relations
- Strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and project management skills
- Ability to make decisions, maintain confidentiality, and to work collaboratively across an organization and as a member of a team
- Comfort with communicating across cultural differences
- Interest in the work of the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village and dedication to its Core Values
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] and indicate your name and “Board Relations & Development Assistant” in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with ASYV. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.