The California Community Foundation (CCF) is a nonprofit grantmaking foundation that administers almost 1,600 individual charitable funds to meet existing and emerging needs in the Greater Los Angeles area. CCF is one of the largest and fastest growing community foundations in the United States. With assets of more than $1.6 billion, CCF has awarded more than $1.6 billion in grants and received more than $1.8 billion in contributions over the past ten years. Since 1915, CCF has been helping individuals, families, corporations and nonprofits establish and develop their philanthropic visions.
We envision a future where all Angelenos thrive – a future where the productive capabilities of Angelenos contribute to the health and well-being of our communities. The fate and future of every resident is interwoven, and our success as a community will be defined by how we improve the quality of life of all residents, especially our most vulnerable. We also envision a future in which more donors impact the challenges of Los Angeles and beyond, fulfilling their passions and creating a diverse spectrum of opportunities and philanthropic legacies.
For 100 years, the passion of our living and legacy donors has defined and built the California Community Foundation. Their generosity and dreams for a better tomorrow make our drive for meaningful social change possible. We partner with individuals and families to not only pursue their own personal passions but to collaborate with us, along with the public, private and nonprofit sectors, in transforming Los Angeles County.
Reporting to the President and CEO, this position serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors of the California Community Foundation (CCF), providing all necessary support for board meetings and events, preparing all board-related reports and correspondence, providing staff support for all external committees and commissions on which the President/CEO serves; assisting with development-related activities and specific preparation of material for speeches and public presentations.
- Board Liaison Duties: Prepares calendar, agenda, memorandums and other logistical arrangements for quarterly board and committee meetings. Receives and initiates written and oral communication with board members, including meeting notices, staff reports, events and/or publications information, responds to requests and correspondence on behalf of President/CEO. Attends Board meetings and takes or arranges for minutes, prepares them in a timely manner and in accordance with the by- laws and format and style preferred by President/CEO. Refers all board members requests to appropriate staff and assures timely response through follow-up and tracking Maintains the President’s board files, determining the best system for quick recovery and response to any public request for documents consistent with IRS and other government public notice and access requirements.
- Community Relations Duties: Researches and prepare speeches and presentations in either English or Spanish, as appropriate. Represents and accompanies the President/CEO at select community events. Coordinates with Marketing & Communications team on all President & CEO and Board Chair messaging and interviews for op-eds, newsletters and annual report. Serves as a member of cross- departmental teams tasked with convening around specific issues.
- Communication: Maintains and tracks lines of communication between board members, advisory members and staff to ensure queries are addressed in a timely manner. Notifies and tracks attendance of appropriate staff of upcoming board meetings and events.
- President/CEO Support: Provides staff support for all external boards, commissions and special projects on which the President/CEO serves. Assists with development-related activities and specific preparation of material for speeches and public
- Event Support: Plans and coordinates all board and committee meetings. Provides support for key internal briefings, relationship-building and stewardship events such as CCF-in-a-Box and/or issue-related events around our four systems change
- Grant Management: Annually reviews grant reports and conduct organizational due diligence for all 15 organizations receiving operational support in honor of Joan
- Foundation Staff Meetings: Leads meeting planning and operational support for all-staff meetings including meeting notices and information
- Office Coordination: Coordinates with the executive secretary to the President/CEO on absences and other leaves to ensure that the office is always covered and that phones are answered in a timely manner. Coordinates all appointments/meetings with the executive secretary and ensures that the dual calendar maintained by the executive secretary is always current and consistent with that of the President/CEO.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of project management and/or experience staffing a CEO, C-Suite Executives, public/civic official, or public policy leader required. Experience working with board of directors and/or donors is highly
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Communication Skills: Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to interact well with all levels in an organization, donors, and grantees, and to work as a productive team member. Comfort and fluency in both oral and written Spanish. Ability to compose correspondence and basic reports, knowledge of proper English, grammar and punctuation and the ability to edit documents. Knowledge of a variety of writing styles and formats. Knowledge of parliamentary procedure and recording thereof. Ability to type 75 wpm and take shorthand/fast-notes is preferred.
- Technology Skills: Internet competency and strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office software suite and a familiarity with database software, is required. Working knowledge of Blackbaud software preferred, with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer
- Project Management Skills: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work, anticipating the needs of a busy executive, and adjust to multiple demands with minimal supervision.
- Judgment and Discretion: Skill in determining matters of importance and information of use to the executive, exercising initiative in accomplishing any related tasks or referring the rest. Ability to refer, give, deny or ask for information in a tactful and friendly manner and to be discreet in giving information about the President/CEO’s plans and actions to Ability to keep information confidential.
- Team Work & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF's goals, leveraging each team member's skill set. Strong ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information. Professional appearance and
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a
- Requires the ability to travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to the nature of external appointments and/or responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this
- This position is required to be available to speak with clients and/or others while away from the office and/or with clients and/or others located in other time zones outside Foundation business
- Work may require weekends and/or extended work day.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. A generous benefit package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, LTD, life, FSAs and retirement benefits.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position, please visit our website at www.calfund.org and select “Careers” or
go to http://www.recruitingcenter.net/clients/calfund/publicjobs
CCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with