The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC) is a human rights organization that works to advance human rights and economic and environmental justice around the world with an eye-to-eye partnership model that works closely with grassroots organizations.
Guided by UU principles and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UUSC strives to advance human rights, dismantle systems of oppression, and uplift and affirm the inherent worth and dignity of all people. We center the voices and experiences of those most affected and strengthen those grassroots groups and movements who are organizing themselves to advance these goals. In order to accomplish this, we offer: Justice Education and Leadership Development, Engagement and Mobilization for Advocacy, and Grantmaking and Partner Support.
The Assistant for Partner Support and Grantmaking (the Assistant) provides critical administrative, logistical, project management, research, grantmaking, impact assessment, coordination, and programmatic support for the Partner Support and Grantmaking (PS&G) team, and at times to the larger PAA department. The Assistant is responsible for the day-to-day administrative needs of the team, including the processing of all grants, and assists with a range of partner support and impact assessment needs, including organizing convenings, site visits, internal and external meetings, and events with partners. The position reports to the Associate Director of Grantmaking and Impact and works closely with the Director of Partner Support and Grantmaking, the Vice President and Chief Program Officer, and others. The ideal candidate will have strong administrative skills, and close attention to detail. Spanish proficiency highly desired.
- Working with the Director of Partner Support and Grantmaking and others helping to maintain and update systems and processes that maximize efficiency and provide clarity across the institution.
- Administering all stages of the grant application and renewal process, including processing grant letters, submitting wire transfer forms, maintaining complete and accurate records within the grants management database (currently Fluxx), and communicating with partners.
- Maintaining one or more databases (including Fluxx) by submitting requests for technical support, coordinating the technical support process, ensuring data accuracy, and customizing forms and alerts.
- Generating reports and providing information on partners and grants for UUSC staff across departments, including generating reports on impact as requested by the Associate Director for Grantmaking & Impact.
- Filling out, submitting, and retaining copies of institutional documents for the PS&G team to Human Resources and Finance. This includes credit card reconciliations, travel request forms, comp time request forms, and others.
- Organizing, coordinating, and providing administrative support for a range of internal and external meetings and celebrations, such as convenings, site visits, and events with partners. This may include scheduling, arranging catering, ordering supplies, taking notes, maintaining and organizing key documents, and providing technological support as appropriate.
- Tracking budget expenditures and supporting the annual budget development process as necessary.
- Providing administrative support for consultant contracts and invoices.
- Responding to general inquiries on behalf of the team or department.
- Maintaining subscriptions and memberships for the department.
- Ordering supplies for the department.
- On occasion, providing administrative support to other teams within PAA, and to the entire PAA department.
- Potentially overseeing or supporting a shared contacts database and a project management database for internal coordinating teams.
- Working closely with other teams and departments across the organization.
- Soliciting, organizing, and editing internal communication pieces.
- Providing Spanish translation support, if fluent, and as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisors, consistent with the roles of the position.
The ideal candidate will have
- Minimum three years of relevant experience required, preferably providing administrative support in a non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with computers, word processing software, database systems, grants management software (ideally Fluxx), and intranet applications, including experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, fluid environment.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Language proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Grounding in human rights and Unitarian Universalist principles, and positive identification with UUSC’s mission.
- Ability to handle some domestic and international traveling duties as required.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting Annual Salary: Competitive salary based on experience (starting annual salary between $45,704 to $50,000 per year).
Employment Benefits: UUSC offers a generous benefits package including: health, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, 403(b) tax deferred annuity, retirement plan with 9% of salary contribution to pension plan after 1 year of job retention, flexible spending plans for medical and dependent care, commuter allowance, and generous paid time off.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity: UUSC is highly committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. People of color, LGBTQIA individuals, and people from other diverse communities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and résumé in confidence to: [email protected] or mail to: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (Attn: Director of Human Resources) 689 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139