NPAG is a talent strategy, executive search, and consulting firm dedicated to serving mission-driven organizations at the leading edge of movements for social change. Our core business is expanding the capacity and diversity of nonprofits by helping them build teams of leaders, changemakers, connectors, and disruptors to advance the missions they serve.
Over our 17 years in business, we have developed a virtual consulting model which allows us to provide the highest quality services with a full range of flexibility that results in a sector-leading value proposition for our clients and employees. We offer a creative, energetic, family-friendly workplace environment – our 27 staff span all regions of the U.S. and around the globe, and represent a wide diversity of experiences, perspectives, identities, and both functional and mission areas.
NPAG is in a phase of accelerated growth and continues to expand our team of Associates at all levels. We are seeking highly motivated, organized, values-aligned, client-focused problem solvers to join our national team. We have a particular interest in candidates located in the Western, Southwestern, and Midwestern United States, but are open to hires in all regions. Experience tells us that our ability to deliver the highest quality services and fulfill our mission is directly related to the diversity of perspectives, professional and lived experiences represented on our team.
The Role: Opportunities and Challenges
Associates in the firm are client-facing project managers, strategists, relationship builders, writers, and analysts of diverse channels of data and written material. Candidates must demonstrate highly refined critical thinking and project management skills, a proactive service orientation, exceptional communication skills and a keen eye for both detail and nuance. The ideal candidate will bring relevant mission-driven experience (e.g. advocacy, research, policy, human capital, nonprofit management or related field). Capacity to manage multiple projects and priorities at once and to communicate well with internal and external collaborators both virtually and in person is critical. Employees receive formal and on-the-job training in all aspects of executive search and will be encouraged to grow and develop their careers within NPAG.
The Associate/Senior Associate will:
- Proactively manage search projects from end to end, including coordination and preparation of meeting materials and deliverables; communicate in a timely way with NPAG team members and client contacts to coordinate action items and drive effective process; and ensure that all communication reflects our standards of thorough, respectful, clear and complete information;
- Manage outreach to network contacts to develop deep, diverse, highly qualified candidate pools; manage high volume of contact points with authenticity and aplomb, capturing and tracking critical data and developing compelling narratives to engage leaders meaningfully around the challenges our clients face;
- Develop and write compelling client deliverables including position descriptions which capture the excitement and opportunity inherent in each search and narrative summaries that synthesize the relevant narratives, experiences, and qualities emerging from each candidate’s background;
- Screen candidate applications and convey findings efficiently and thoughtfully to Principals and clients; Conduct candidate telephone interviews to more deeply understand candidates’ careers and to assess suitability of fit with the client organization;
- Reference check candidates thoroughly and systematically, and work with Principals to ensure clients’ questions and concerns are addressed in a manner befitting the importance NPAG places on deep, comprehensive referencing; and
- Participate in company-wide meetings and discussion of a wide range of relevant issues and ongoing quality improvement to ensure NPAG benefits from the collective wisdom of all its team members.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be committed to serving the missions of our clients - including but not limited to effecting change that advances racial equity and justice, child welfare, gender justice, educational excellence and opportunity, and environmental stewardship. S/he/they will be an adept steward of process and relationships with colleagues, candidates, and clients. S/he/they will combine keen intuition with the intellectual rigor to discover the deeper story about candidates’ skills and experiences and the unique assets and challenges faced by our clients. Associates are responsive, engaging communicators who can lead internal meetings and cultivate trust and rapport with clients from initial scoping meetings to the final negotiations. Our flexible consulting arrangement necessitates consistent high energy, self-motivation, and discipline to meet or exceed internal and external deadlines. Specifically, s/he/they will have:
- A minimum of a college degree and three years’ relevant professional experience;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including superb grammar, writing, proofreading and editing ability;
- The ability to work independently and to problem-solve effectively balanced with the wisdom to know when to seek guidance;
- A strong detail-orientation and an unfailing commitment to and pride in quality work;
- Fluency and facility with research, communications and project management tools and technology; comfort and ability to communicate, execute and work effectively in a virtual environment;
- The confidence and skill to appropriately question, engage, and advise senior leaders in their fields;
- Well-developed empathic skills and the ability to listen, learn from, and grow with colleagues from all walks of life;
- An inclination toward and excitement about continuous learning and the drive to thrive in new challenges and opportunities;
- A collegial, team-oriented working style; willingness to seek out and act on constructive criticism;
- Willingness to deeply engage with and advocate for equity, inclusion, and diversity in all its forms; and
- A healthy sense of humor and appreciation for creativity and fun in the workplace.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and resume (in Word format) should be submitted to [email protected]. NPAG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. NPAG does not discriminate in employment based on any individual's race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity and encourage all candidates to apply. Hourly rates start at $40-50/hr (plus benefits and bonus opportunity), commensurate with experience.
NPAG is a national executive search and consulting firm dedicated to serving the mission-driven community. We partner with global mission-driven clients to deliver highly-tailored, innovative, and strategic senior- and executive-level search services. www.nonprofitprofessionals.com