You are mission driven and action oriented. You love to get involved, and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
We are looking for our lead recruiter who can identify exceptional talent to power the next phase of significant growth for the firm. We need you to lead our talent acquisition strategy as we double in size over the next three years. You will also support critical team and firmwide initiatives, including in onboarding staff, diversity, and culture.
Talent Acquisition (~85%)
- Develop and successfully execute recruiting and workforce planning strategies to achieve the firm’s staffing needs and diversity goals
- Oversee the firm’s employer brand, including career site, social media, and other collateral
- Develop, implement, and support leading recruiting practices that increase efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure high quality of hiring processes
- Supervise, develop, and build the recruiting team
- Lead full cycle recruiting for open positions across the firm
- Report to leadership recruiting progress and metrics
- Develop and nurture internal and external relationships that generate candidate pipelines and referrals
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws related to hiring practices
Generalist Responsibilities (~15%)
- Provide oversight for and facilitate new hire orientation
- Serve as an HR business partner to firm leaders
- Support training and development efforts for firmwide managers and team members
- Lead firmwide and local cultural activities
- Support the CAT team’s efforts to meet customer service standards
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- HR certification (preferred)
- Experience in all aspects of HR noted above
- Strong stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Track record of continuing to develop HR knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-driven organizations
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence in fast-paced cultures
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to address complex service matters, implement and communicate service changes to everyone involved, and to coach teammates on how to apply the firm’s service standards
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult messages; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
- The ability to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- The ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to seven federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online here. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make things easier through reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.