About Boston Rescue Mission
Since 1899, the Boston Rescue Mission (BRM) has focused on preventing and ending homelessness and in guiding people from a place of need to a place of self-sufficiency. Located in the heart of downtown Boston, BRM serves women and men who are homeless and at risk of homelessness 365 days a year. People in crisis, including veterans, come to the Mission to receive hearty meals, safe shelter beds, and life-transforming services. Our shelter programs focus on treating the underlying causes of homelessness with individualized case management, employment, and services to guide people toward permanent housing.
Our approach establishes a caring and accountable recovery environment along with job skills and related training designed to promote healthy, independent living. We are committed to helping people break their personal cycle of homelessness and over time have seen remarkable results.
Associate Director of Programs
Reports to: Executive Vice President of Programs
Time requirements: Full-time or Part-time
The Associate Director of Programs (ADP) will assist the Executive Vice President of Programs (EVPP) in:
- Formulating goals, objectives, and supervision for all the Boston Rescue Mission’s (BRM) programs and services.
- Providing training to educate staff members in philosophy and methodology.
- Providing direct supervision to direct care staff and clients.
The successful candidate should have a bachelor degree or higher, management experience in a human service field; at least 5 years experience working with 12 step programs, group dynamics, and homeless individuals. Must possess good communications and relations skills as well as demonstrate knowledge of and experience with:
- leading and functioning in cross-cultural settings with a compassionate heart for the urban poor;
- supervising direct care staff and services;
- electronic data collection and processing;
- Microsoft office and internet technology;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the policies, procedures, and guidelines of BRM. Assist the EVPP in communicating these to staff while overseeing the consistent implementation of each. Ensure that guidelines are used as therapeutic interventions that contribute to a stable supportive environment for recovery.
- Help lead weekly staff meetings, and supervise appropriate staff on a consistent and regular basis. Provide supervision to direct care staff and case managers.
- Be available on call on a 24 hour basis to staff for support, crisis intervention and consultation.
- Assist the EVPP in providing any and all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with program objectives. Be available to help prepare and present annual and semi-annual reports. Be available for on-site visits and help oversee appropriate record keeping of case management programs including record keeping, updated files, and statistical information.
- Track program statistics and provide reports on demand for staff members and outside agencies.
- Ensure all licensures are up-to-date. Prepare applications for agency license renewals as well as any new licenses.
- Help provide oversight to staff to ensure that the facilities utilized by program guests are kept to standards of safety, cleanliness, and orderliness of BRM.
- Be available to attend special events and activities. Be available to assist in whatever capacity is needed and to respond to emergencies.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits for full time employees include: health & dental insurance, generous paid vacation and holidays, a 401K retirement plan with generous matching contribution, and more.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to John Samaan: email@example.com
Please put in the subject line: Associate Director of Programs
Boston Rescue Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.