Title: Associate Director of Development Reports to: Director of Development
Join an internationally-acclaimed arts organization at a pivotal time in its growth. Celebrating 37 years, Alonzo King LINES Ballet (LINES) is part of the cultural fabric of San Francisco and known around the globe for its impact on shaping the future of ballet and dance education. Founded by visionary choreographer Alonzo King, the organization has been recognized for its world-premiere performances featuring unique collaborations and transformative education programs that nurture creativity, self-discovery, empathy, and risk-taking.
The Associate Director of Development (Assoc. DoD) is an integral member of the LINES Development team. You will work in close collaboration with the Director of Development (DoD) to develop, manage, and execute development strategies with a focus on institutional giving. The Assoc. DoD identifies and solicits corporate, foundation, and government funders, and manages institutional reporting and stewardship. Strong candidates will have excellent communication skills, a strong understanding of fundraising practices and principles, and a high level of attention to detail combined with the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and work collaboratively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Institutional Giving
- Identify corporate, foundation, and government funding partners whose philanthropy aligns with organizational priorities
- Develop grant applications, proposals, and interim and final reports in collaboration with finance, education, and artistic teams
- Maintain institutional fundraising calendar, including deadline oversight
- Oversee fulfillment of institutional benefits and accurate sponsor recognition
- Lead the creation of stewardship events and reports that communicate funders’ philanthropic impact
- Individual Donors
- Support DoD in researching individual prospects whose philanthropic interests align with LINES’ mission
- Manage two annual direct mail solicitations following San Francisco Home Seasons
- Collaborate on project-specific campaigns supporting robust education and community programs and unique artistic collaborations
- Departmental Leadership and Support
- Represent LINES in interactions with donors, patrons, and community members
- Work closely with marketing staff to develop fundraising materials
- Participate in the development, planning, and execution of special events
- Attend LINES Ballet performances during bi-annual home seasons (spring and fall)
- Track major donor communication in Salesforce
- Manage 1-2 development interns
- Excellent fundraising track record (3+ years) with grants and proposal writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passionate about LINES Ballet’s mission
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Ability to translate big ideas into compelling narratives for potential funders
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize among multiple deadlines
- Excellent people skills with a track record of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in databases (e.g. Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge), Excel, and Microsoft Office suite
- Self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Responsive and resourceful with problem-solving mindset
- Love of dance is a plus
- Knowledge of Bay Area community a plus
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS LINES Ballet offers competitive compensation and benefits, including a 100% Employer paid health plan, dental and vision coverage, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, and unlimited free dance classes for full-time employees. LINES Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Associate Director of Development” in the email subject line.
Position open until filled.